Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incoming First Year Queries

Options
  • 03-07-2014 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Someone told me that you'll struggle in college if you don't have friends. I find it hard to make friends and I'm afraid that I'll have a terrible college experience because of this.
    I don't enjoy going out/clubbing. How many times a week do college students go out?

Also, what accommodation would you recommend? Is it better to live in an 8 or a 4 person house?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

CB___ wrote: »
    Someone told me that you'll struggle in college if you don't have friends. I find it hard to make friends and I'm afraid that I'll have a terrible college experience because of this.
    I don't enjoy going out/clubbing. How many times a week do college students go out?

Also, what accommodation would you recommend? Is it better to live in an 8 or a 4 person house?

Thanks
    I wouldn't worry. There's something in college for everyone. There are a wealth of societies and clubs covering a multitude of interests. Getting involved with one that you're interested and making friends with like minded people would be a good idea. Bear in mind you won't be the only one feeling this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

CB___ wrote: »

Thanks

I've always been told that my experience in university is gonna be the best experience of my life because there are gonna be a wide variety of people with similar skills, personalities and likes like myself. I'm like you, I find it hard to get to know some one, but I have no doubt that you are going to find your niche either among your classes or in a society that you find an interest in

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭black_magic

I understand exactly how you feel. If your thinking more about making friends than your actual course, then I think you are worrying too much about it. The less you worry about what other people think and the more you BE YOURSELF, the happier you'll be. Don't worry about making friends, if you smile and say hello to people, you will end up chatting to lots of different people and friendships will develop. Just let it happen and don't be afraid. Life is short! Best of luck!

“Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing, and work hard. The right people… the ones who really belong in your life, will come to you. And stay.” ~Will Smith

Advertisement