Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change pollen filter in ford Mondeo 2008

• 01-11-2014 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

how do I change a pollen filter in a 2008 Mondeo TDCI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Max11 wrote: »

1. purchase new mondeo pollen filter
    2. remove old mondeo pollen filter
    3. ...
    4. profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Your question is more suited to this thread>>http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1326

And seeing as all the Mods are still at their Halloween party... Well I feel it is my duty to pass this information on to you :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,332 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

I've moved your thread to a more suitable forum; please note a new charter is in effect.

To the new mods; if it's not a suitable fit feel free to return it to Rec Biz -> Work & Jobs

//MOD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Its in behind the dash you gain access from the passenger footwell.
    You will need to drop down the bcmii/ fusebox if you have your radio code you can dissconnect the bcmii.
    Then look up there and there is a little lid about an inch and a half wide held on with three or four silver seven mm screws.
    Loosen them and pull it out from the top then pull out your old pollen filter fit your new one make sure the arrows are facing inwards on the new pollen filter.
    Then refit your cover making sure the little lip sits into its slot properly on the bottom.
    Thats about it have fun :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It's similar for my cmax. You could consider this: remove pollen filter and omit the next step, i.e. don't fit new pollen filter. I don't see any ill effect and unless you're allergic I don't see the point of having one, we don't walk around with a mask strapped to our face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

What about fumes entering the cabin? they don't just filter pollen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Hal1 wrote: »
    What about fumes entering the cabin? they don't just filter pollen.

They wouldn't filter any type of gas, so any gaseous emissions would enter the cabin regardless.
    Particles would be filtered, but I'd have to know what size particles the filters can block and what gets through.
    A main concern would be particles from diesel vehicles, but I can't even guess at that, for the above reasons.
    I find a lot of wishy-washy statements like "it removes impurities from the air", but nothing solid and concrete that tells me what it does and doesn't remove.

Advertisement