Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Click Lag Fix- Help Please!

Options
  • 10-11-2010 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

I've been trying for a while to get the one click lag fix to work on my 3 branded Samsung Galaxy S.

I've downloaded the OCLF Apk from here and followed instructions here and still cannot get it to work. :(

I have run the "Root recovery device 2e" option and it completes its operation successfully.

I then reboot the phone using the 3 button method and attempt to install the Update. This appears to work successfully but when I return to the OCLF app no new options are available.

The only hiccup I get is when I'm in the boot menu. On the lower segment of the menu some text is highlighted in red "multicsc: cannot acess /system/csc/3IE/system/". The operation still appears to complete successfully though.

Also, the Superuser Permissions app lists no apps.

Tearing my hair out with this as the lag is really starting to bug me especially now that I know it can be fixed. :(:(

Any help is appreciated. I posted in the main SGS thread but it just seemed to get lost in there!

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

What options do you have available in the OCLF?

Before the Lag Fix option became available I had to choose the option to Install EXT2 Tools. After that the Lag Fix went green.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

After performing the root using OCLF and rebooting and running the update.zip I try to install the EXT2 tools and it says the phone isn't rooted.

I then used another RyanZa application to root the phone. This time the OCLF still has no green options but when I click on install EXT 2 Tools, still red, I get an error message saying there must be at least 1.0MB memory in "/sys/lib".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 magicker

I am having the exact same problem and cant find anything else about this

all seems to have gone well

i get teh superuser app

selecting log in this app causes the app to crash

no apps listed here

and all options in oclf are red and will not install if the force option is selected

anyone got any idea?

magicker wrote: »
    I am having the exact same problem and cant find anything else about this

all seems to have gone well

i get teh superuser app

selecting log in this app causes the app to crash

no apps listed here

and all options in oclf are red and will not install if the force option is selected

anyone got any idea?

I haven't made any progress on this either, it's very annoying. I'm wondering is it to do with the 3 branding or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Same problem here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I wouldn't bother even trying. There is no decent lag fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Hmm, how come it gets so much praise then?

Scotty # wrote: »
    Hmm, how come it gets so much praise then?

Because it does work. Well it did for my phone. My phone was pretty much unusable before I put on the lag fix. Now it's great for about 90% of the time.

E.g. Before the lag fix Asphalt5 (a game that comes with the Samsung) would take minutes to start. Now it takes a few seconds.
    It's still a crap game but it's an easy example to see before & after affects of the lag fix.

Because it does work. Well it did for my phone. My phone was pretty much unusable before I put on the lag fix. Now it's great for about 90% of the time.

E.g. Before the lag fix Asphalt5 (a game that comes with the Samsung) would take minutes to start. Now it takes a few seconds.
    It's still a crap game but it's an easy example to see before & after affects of the lag fix.

Was your phone a 3 branded SGS Mick?

Was your phone a 3 branded SGS Mick?

Nope. I got it from O2. It doesn't seem to be branded at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

+1

whats the point of buying a phone that requires a lag fix :S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I found the lag fix doesn't make too much of a diff after updating to froyo, so all you require is an update really.

whats the point of buying a phone that requires a lag fix :S

The lag isn't a feature that's advertised. You don't see it until you've had the phone a while.
    The options are bring the phone back for refund / replacement or try and fix it.

The main alternative (Desire HD) is sold out everywhere and unlikely to be available in any great quantity until after Christmas.

yeah well done your research on the boards you would know about it :S

yeah well done your research on the boards you would know about it :S

Jesus your posts are so helpful.:rolleyes:

Sorry Mick ;)

Advertisement