Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox vs IE

Options
  • 03-07-2009 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Why wont my menu work in IE6 when it is fine in firefox... it is a simple html/css menu available at lovecraft dot IE.... Ive been googling for days with no joy, thought someone here might have had a similiar issue....

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 kat9182

(To clarify the menu actually works bit i cant it to position itself in the correct place even though I have specified the correct pixels)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

Can you post the page the problem appears on?

Apologies it was late, I'm blind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Seems to be the absolute positioning for the ul dropdown class that is causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MC_G

I don't have access to IE6 right now, but I had a look at your css and I think you may need a ul.dropdown li a{height:1%;} for IE6 only in either a separate stylesheet or using the * html hack.

Here's some pages that can show you better how to implement it in your preferred way.

It's also a little buggy at the moment in firefox 3.5 when trying to go from the menuparent to the dropdown. The dropdown dissappears quite often.

Edit: It's also way to the right in ie8 in both compatibility and normal mode. I'll have another look at the css...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Menu is not working right in FF either. The dropdown appears but when you go to scroll over it it disappears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MC_G

I'm not sure how much any of this will help, but:

A. there's errors in the code, an unnecessary li before the FAQs li,

B. do you really need both the divs nav_wrap and nav surrounding the ul?

C. the ul is absolutely positioned which I think is necessary, but I aslo think that the li's need to be positioned relatively (I think this may give you the most joy)

Hope any of this helps!!

Advertisement