Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weather widget not updating for current location

• 15-12-2010 10:53pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

I changed SIM cards in/out of phone phone earlier, and the sun/clouds/moon graphic has disappeared from the weather widget for my current location, although it is still there for the other cities in my list.

Any ideas why this might be? I have updated the info, but still nothing. It says Dublin, so it knows where I am, and has the temperature, but it just makes my home screen look wrong without the clouds thing under the time, or when I go into the full screen weather widget.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've just noticed this myself in the last hour. I've not changed anything on my phone today. It was working fine earlier.

It must be a glitch with the widget itself / website that powers it?

I have HTC Desire / Vodafone.

My mate (HTC Desire / Meteor) has the same issue.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Oh right, so it's just not me. Mad coincidence that it happened the first time in 3 months I put a different sim in the phone. I'm Desire/Meteor as well/

I'm blaming you then. You broke the whole system!

It does seem that way alright. Well I'm going to australia for 3 weeks tomorrow, so I don't need a widget to tell me it is warm and sunny, so stick that in your pipe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

This happens me every now and again, no idea why. I remove the clock and weather widget, then just add it again, this fixes it for me. (not uninstall)

@Automan
    I just tried that there but no success.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Ok just updated mine as well and the weather information is gone, just the name of the area (Normaly when mine goes the name does be gone as well), I would say they are having problems updating it.

Ya, I tried that as well, no luck.

Loads of others reporting this bug as well. Very strange one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Same has happened to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

slightly related issue, my desire (VF) randomly tells me I'm Celbridge when in fact I never really leave Dublin 1, weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ppk

Has the same problem this morning but seems to be working now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i had this problem this week too. but i was messing around with latittude.

i found that latitude messes up your location settings when you log out.

so go to settings>location> enable wirelss location or something like that and see if it does anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Had the same problem this morning. When I tired to update the weather it said something along the line of not been able to contact the update location. I switched the phone off and on and it works fine again.

Ya it's all fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

The widget is abit strange alright, tells me im in Celbridge and Swords when im in Dub 11!

Advertisement