Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed build for pool table?

Options
  • 18-11-2013 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking into having a shed built for a 7 foot by 4 foot pool table, I would also like to have the shed insulated and have electricity in it.

I'm not sure what size it would need to be exactly but the main thing is it would be big enough to play pool with no obstructions.

I'm not looking for anything overly fancy, just want to have it done to a decent standard were your not freezing in the winter and the pool table would have good protection from the rain and so on.

I was wondering if anyone could maybe give me a rough idea of what price I'd be looking at here? maybe some people on the forum who have done something like this could give me some feedback?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Territo

Hi,
    it would all depend on how much off the work you would be doing yourself,If I was doing it which would br mostly on my own I would be thinking about 10k but I wouldnt be paying for labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

thanks for the reply, I have no DIY skills at all to build it myself I'm afraid..
    are those precast concrete sheds any use for the type of thing I'd like to do?

You could by a pre built shed far cheaper than what I quoted and insulated it internally with Kingspan phenolic board either a metal one or a timber one.
    A client of mine paid €4000 for a steel shed which included a poured concrete floor dont ask me off who but Im sure there out there and if youve no diy skills this is the way id be going.
    What I built was a timber shed with two stories,top story for kids and lower story for all my car parts/workshop as I restore cars for a hobby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

Hi guys,

I'm looking into having a shed built for a 7 foot by 4 foot pool table, I would also like to have the shed insulated and have electricity in it.

I'm not sure what size it would need to be exactly but the main thing is it would be big enough to play pool with no obstructions.

I'm not looking for anything overly fancy, just want to have it done to a decent standard were your not freezing in the winter and the pool table would have good protection from the rain and so on.

I was wondering if anyone could maybe give me a rough idea of what price I'd be looking at here? maybe some people on the forum who have done something like this could give me some feedback?

Thanks in advance.

you gonna need at least 4 feet of space all around the pool table to walk around and play pool so add on 8 feet to the length and 8 feet to the width of the pool table that gives a shed size of 15 feet long and 12 feet wide .id go longer and wider than that id go for 17 x 14 for some comfort and easy movement around the table and also for storing other items on the walls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055036302

An option? they have loads of different type sheds but the above ones can be insulated also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

6 foot all around the table is the minimum you need,7x4 table =19x16,
    thats the absolute minimum to be comfortable,thats presuming your average height,if your over 6 foot you will need more,if your gonna spend money on a pool shed/room make sure theres enough room,a cramped pool room will take away some of the enjoyment of playing,
    i know from experience.

and you need room for a bar,tv,dartboard,souund system :)

mr lee wrote: »
    6 foot all around the table is the minimum you need,7x4 table =19x16,
    thats the absolute minimum to be comfortable,thats presuming your average height,if your over 6 foot you will need more,if your gonna spend money on a pool shed/room make sure theres enough room,a cramped pool room will take away some of the enjoyment of playing,
    i know from experience.

the op may be running into planning permission aspects here then as a permanent concrete base will be required and 19 x 16 feet in size would be over the 25 square meter limit for structure to the rear or side of a house

and if the op needs planning permission for this structure due to its size , then the op also needs to have a minimum of 25 square meters of garden space between the back of the house the the start of the proposed new structure .
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2001/en/si/0600.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Duffmiester

So did you proceed with this? What style (concrete, timber, steel) and cost?

Im thinking of same. Cavity blocks with plasterboard insulated.
    Plus with Heat (electric rad or extend gas as kWh are much cheaper) & Water (for loo).
    Min size is 4x 5m but leaves no space for seats or other stuff. So internal should be 6x 4.25m = 25m². Thats the internal dimensions. So external of walls will be bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

So did you proceed with this? What style (concrete, timber, steel) and cost?

Im thinking of same. Cavity blocks with plasterboard insulated.
    Plus with Heat (electric rad or extend gas as kWh are much cheaper) & Water (for loo).
    Min size is 4x 5m but leaves no space for seats or other stuff. So internal should be 6x 4.25m = 25m². Thats the internal dimensions. So external of walls will be bigger.

Go with Cavity Walls instead of cavity Blocks. Quicker cheaper and a better job all round. It's comfortable without any insulation. But if needed can be filled with sprayed in insulation. just make sure to get the detail right in the build.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Hi, May I ask how you got on with this??

Looking at building something similar myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Condenser

edited: old thread/

Advertisement