Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student-Teacher Relationships

Options
  • 02-07-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi guys! First let me say that I am neither a teacher hopelessly in love with a younger student or a student in love with my teacher! We have all heard of the teenage crush on the teacher, and the running off and the uproar it creates. But I have often wondered, from a teacher's perspective, leaving aside romantic and sexual relationships, have you ever found yourself becoming close to one of your students? I guess this is catered more towards secondary school teachers. What I am getting at here, is have you ever formed friendships with your students? I'm not a teacher, rather a Leaving Cert Student, but a book I was reading lately got me interested :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

MOD :

I think we're in a dangerous area about talking about 'forming relationships' with students, well meaning and all as they might be. So for this reason the thread is locked... Hope you understand OP but it aint Dead Poets Society times any more these days in terms of child protection (although that didn't end too good for the student in that either).

Sorry!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement