Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with snails

Options
  • 13-09-2014 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi guys , have a fresh water tropical tank . Got some plants and am now infested with 3-4 different types of snails ,

Where's best and cheapest to get 5-6 assassin snails . I'm based in blanchardstown .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Hi guys , have a fresh water tropical tank . Got some plants and am now infested with 3-4 different types of snails ,

Where's best and cheapest to get 5-6 assassin snails . I'm based in blanchardstown .

Thanks

Swing over to Seahorse Aquriums just off the Red Cow...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Thanks

You will need a damn sight more than 5-6 snails.

Each assasin will eat 2-4 snails per day. So that's 10-24 between them all.

Your pest snails will outbreed this by a long way.

Better bet is to get some anyi-snail medicine for the tank, and just nuke it.

I've been in that position before, and trust me, assasins wil help but will not cure it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Sorry, i ignored your question.

I'm just home from Seahorse aquariums. Plenty of assasins there, not sure on prices though.

CC.

Advertisement