Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Condenser Mic Repairs

• 14-02-2005 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi

New to this forum..

I have checked a few of the Music shops in Dublin and have been unsuccessful in finding out where I can get a Rode NT1-a Condenser Micorophone repaired.

I have no Idea what is wrong with it it just stopped working there is no sound from it at all.

I have tried three different desks with Phantom power and still nothing.

Anybody any ideas that would be a big help.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

have you opened it up? is everythin connected to where it should be? what have you been using it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 eunanm

I haven't opened it up

Would not know what to look for.

I was using it straight into a Tascam US-122 Sound Card and Recording Vocals with Adobe Audition used to work with a great sound.

Tried it out on a Mackie Desk I have and Also a Behringer that a mate has.

have you had it long? warranty?

Second hand about six months ago.

No Warranty though

No ideas who repairs them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I presume you tried different cables...

• Advertisement

Yeah.. three Cables, three Phantom power sources..

No idea how complex these things are though.

condensors are delicate so has it been dropped recently? anything can damage them really.. i personally wouldn't buy a 2nd hand condensor mic.. you're probably better off getting a new mic.. to fix a second hand one might cost just as much

Yeah thought as much..

Advertisement