Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to steam?

Options
  • 07-09-2015 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

I play quite a lot of World of Warcraft and Steam games, but they're blocked on the eduroam wifi and I've read up that there's no way around it.

I'm staying in Castlewhite, so am I basically stuck like this for the year? Or is there a way I can access Steam and WoW as a resident?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Isn't there a gaming society in UCC? I'm sure they would know if you asked them at societies day.

Tbh the meteor student deal is pretty good for 10 euro a month. 4g in cork too.
    If there was no way around it.
    Personally I use the 20 euro unlimited internet from 3 to meet my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Isn't there a gaming society in UCC? I'm sure they would know if you asked them at societies day.

Tbh the meteor student deal is pretty good for 10 euro a month. 4g in cork too.
    If there was no way around it.
    Personally I use the 20 euro unlimited internet from 3 to meet my needs.

Was looking on their site and can't see any of those plans, do I have to call into my local meteor store to try to get the student deal? Also on the 3 site it seems most have data caps on them and are quite expensive.

EDIT: Nevermind, I should've just looked up meteor student deal to see that! Yeah, a tenner a month sounds like it would be perfect, I might get the 6 month contract. Sure only playing WoW on it an hour or two every one or two days surely wouldn't eat that all up, yeah?

Advertisement