Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comfy sandals for walking on holidays?

• 24-06-2013 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mrs Peacock

Baby4 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a pair of comfortable walking shoes for a sun holiday in the price range of €50-€60.

Something which resembles a flip-flop, ideally. (I'm 30, so don't want something old fashioned looking).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    B.

Hi there,

Im 32. I bought these http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20350411

Last month for a trip away. I wore them constantly for 3 days, and we did a lot of walking in that time. they were v comfortable. I think Clarks are a good bet for comfortable shoes- I think they offer good support and are first and foremost a shoe retailer rather than keeping up with fast moving fashion trends like river island/new look etc. They seem to have become a bit less 'old fashioned' than they once were (or maybe I'm getting old meh!). Might be worth a look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

Baby4 wrote: »

Fit flops? I find them extremely comfortable for walking but I'm not convinced it's ever good for us to do a whole lot of walking in any kind of flip flop. I can go for miles in them and they have new styles every year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'd agree with Mrs Peacock - Clarks is a great spot. Not hyper trendy, but not all granny stuff either.

I've just got these http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20353360 and they're very comfy and easy to walk in. I have two pairs of fit flops, and while they're super-comfy, I seriously wouldn't be setting off on a long walk in them. One pair has stretched to the point where they're borderline dangerous to walk at anything more than a stroll, and the other pair are fine but the effort required to keep a flip-flop on while walking means on long walks it's just too knackering! I did wonder about the ones I've linked to, but they're much more secure on the foot than the fit flops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Another vote for Clarks here. Did a lot of walking on my last two holidays including a small bit of light hiking and bought a pair of walking shoes in Clarks in Kildare Village before I left, best things I had with me.

They weren't particularly fashionable or anything, but they were great- you'd probably be looking for something a bit dressier but I would still say that Clarks are great when it comes to comfort.

Other ranges to consider either would be Hush Puppies and Rocketdog (you can get these in Schuh as far as I remember).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I picked up a pair of Reiker sandals a couple of years ago in Boyers (scarlet!) for about 50e in the sale - something along the lines of these:

Rieker-Jewel-Encrusted-Sandals~701240FRSP.jpg

Theyre seriously comfy - have seen them on sale in lots of shoe shops since. Sorry for huge image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

would have to say sketchers do great ones. I wear flip flops rain or shine and got sick of those flat ones around the place. I tried the fit flops but I didn't like the height of them, so went for skethers and found them great.. Never looked back you can pop them in the machine in all well once they aren't ornate ones..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hard to beat Fit Flops - I think I've gone through several pairs, and their latest ranges are getting better looking all the time.

I am currently wearing a pair of Reebok Easytone flipflops that I picked up in Kildare Village a while back. Very comfy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Go barefoot! It's better for your feet than any shoes and you get to connect with the land. Nothing better than feeling different terrains under foot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

I got a very comfy pair of sandals in Monsoon a few years ago. Maybe you could go to Kildare Village and see what options are there ? You might get a good price on ones in Tommy Hilfger or somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Advertisement
Advertisement