Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Work Clothes for 19 year old

• 07-03-2011 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

Hey girls need some quick advice, I've secured a placement for college it's for a month with the possibility of it continuing for the summer, The problem is I have nothing suitable, Does anyone have any advice where to get office/business wear for a nineteen year old? Impressions are important, there is also a couple of dinner party meetings in hotels will need cocktail dresses. Any thoughts apart from the usual? Need to be able to get the stuff within a week as I start Monday!
    (Mods feel free to move if you feel it warrants it's own thread) Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Sibylla wrote: »
    Hey girls need some quick advice, I've secured a placement for college it's for a month with the possibility of it continuing for the summer, The problem is I have nothing suitable, Does anyone have any advice where to get office/business wear for a nineteen year old? Impressions are important, there is also a couple of dinner party meetings in hotels will need cocktail dresses. Any thoughts apart from the usual? Need to be able to get the stuff within a week as I start Monday!
    (Mods feel free to move if you feel it warrants it's own thread) Thanks

Zara definitely! And COS, which I think is in BT. These are my favourite shops for this sort of thing. There's some decent officey type dresses and blouses in H&M at the moment too. Topshop i'm sure are still stocking tapered trousers and the like as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Thanks fillefatale! I will take a look at Zara immediately. Hadn't thought of there at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Zara are great for that sort of thing. I love their shirts

Also try A-wear, they can have some nice cheap enough blouses

If you can afford it, go to Warehouse. Their dresses have excellent tailoring and they tend not to follow silly trends and thus are more classic, and far more wearable imo.

Just had a look at Warehouse and Zara seems to be exactly what I need, Thanks for the replies, I'm clueless with this type of shopping! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

New thread!

+1 for Cos, it's upstairs in BT2. Last time I was in they had some gorgeous white shirts. A white shirt is must for any work wardrobe, but these had some flair, more fashion.

• Advertisement

That place sounds great, Unfortunately I'm nowhere near BT2, I'm thinking of ordering a few things and sending back whatever isn't suitable. Any other staples apart from the white shirt?

Thanks for moving the thread Twee!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A good pair of wide legged black trousers is a good one to have. I like these and these form Asos.

They could look very chic with a cool white shirt, but it depends on the company how out there you can go! Adore this with a pencil skirt or the wide trousers.

Work dresses are also a great alternative to skirts and trousers.

Oh that's amazing Twee, Looks very appropriate yet still young. I think I'll get that shirt!
    Thank you!

EDIT Chose some items I think will see me through as staples, Thanks again literally had no time to deciede!

Advertisement