Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Me Choose

Options
  • 12-02-2005 11:12pm

I'm in a predicament, i'm worried about Ishibashi not having my telecaster when i finally get enough money together to buy it.

But i have another option, i've managed to convince my parents to loan me the money as long as i get it back to them. But i don't like it, i don't like owing money, so i don't wanna borrow too much.

So i looked on Chris's site and he's got this beauty for $550
    fen70thinline-nat.jpg
    and from what i've read, by the time it gets here that's basically the euro equivalent.
    rom ca. ’85 Fender Japan, body/neck nomenclature indicates a 1970(!) reissue rather than the usual ’69 reissue. 100% stock and nice shape other than some home-made relicing on the fretboard in the upper frets and “Made in Japan” scratches off the back of the neck – probably back when MIJ was a bad thing. Frets have had a light dressing and aren’t dished out – nice setup with comfortable action and no fret outs. Body and finish are in beautiful condition; original Gotoh tuners are smooth and keep it in tune nicely. 80’s MIJ guitars shot up a few years ago and are many times priced as high—or higher—than USA models. This “vintage” (nearly 20 years old) Japan model is still a good value at $550.

OR
    should i wait it out (4-5 months) and buy the tele that i have my heart set on from isibashi? Costing another €200-€300?
    tn90spl.jpg
    [PHP]
    Body Ash(Chambered Body)
    Neck Maple, Oval Shape, 324mm Scale
    Fretboard Maple One Piece, 250R
    Frets 22, Wide
    Nut Width 42mm
    Pickups Dragster(Front), Texas Special Tele(U.S.A.)(Center, Rear)
    Control&Switch 1 Vol, 1 Tone, Special 5 Way Switch
    Bridge 3 Section T6 Chrome Saddle
    Machine Heads Kluson Type
    Hardware Chrome
    Pickguard 3-Ply White Pearl[/PHP]

help me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭disgruntled

Tbh if you have your heart set on the Ishibashi one then I think you should wait. Anyway here is that one Chris is offering on Ishibashi, so you can compare the two. I must say that I like the look of that Ishibahsi one, that pickup and switching configuration on a thinline body certainly is an interesting prospect. This board is gone Ishibashi mad these days.

But will ishibashi still be up and running in 5 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭disgruntled

Ishibashi aint closing its Fujigen Gakki the plant that are currently producing the Jap Fenders, Ibanez and the Elist Epiphones that's closing, but as I understand it production is supposed to continue until 2006.

phew, okay ishibashi it is, unless someone sees good reason to consider the Chris's Guitars one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

If your parents will lend you the money to buy the one off chris's guitars. Why don't you use that money instead to get the one from ishibashi???

• Advertisement

it's almoste 300 euro more. And i don't know when i'll have enough money to pay tehm back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Credit union no help there?

Not a member, but how long do you have to be a member before they give you a loan? Cause that would be a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Change the font colour in the first post Emmet because anyone with a black background skin can't read it without highlighting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Wait. Ishibashi will be there forever and Fender Japan will be in the current factory until the end of the year. Then Fender Japan will be in a different factory but still doing their thing (but who knows how long it will take for things to settle).

Still, that's a nice guitar :)

• Advertisement

Doctor J, as my resident favourite expert on Ishibashi you have set my mind at ease, thank you. Now, on teh slightly related topic of funding, Does anyone wanna give me a summer Job? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Thank you :)

Can't help you with the job though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Doctor J, as my resident favourite expert on Ishibashi you have set my mind at ease, thank you. Now, on teh slightly related topic of funding, Does anyone wanna give me a summer Job? :)
    you can cut my grass if you want.. i don't have a lawnmower though..

you could always knock from door to door offering to valet cars at a cheap price:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

The japanese are quite amazing at making pretty much anything :) Even there microphones are really nice. Not to mention the cars too. Nissan Skyline oh ya :)

I look forward to getting a nice jazz bass from ishi bashi during the summer...

Advertisement