Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Taste of Success

Options
  • 19-02-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭

I see the beef short ribs dish that won the Lidl 'Taste of Success' competition last year has not been on the shelves of my local Lidl (Ballycullen) for the last couple of weeks. Is it missing in anyone else's Lidl store? Just wondering why it's not there.

Personally I would have preferred the dish that was runner up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

It's in the Lidl near me, it's pretty popular too and sells out quite fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There were plenty of them in the Greystones Lidl on Friday. I quite like them, but they could do with being a bit bigger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

vienne86 wrote: »
    I see the beef short ribs dish that won the Lidl 'Taste of Success' competition last year has not been on the shelves of my local Lidl (Ballycullen) for the last couple of weeks. Is it missing in anyone else's Lidl store? Just wondering why it's not there.

Personally I would have preferred the dish that was runner up.

It was in my Lidl here in Cork and it was delicious...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Alun wrote: »
    There were plenty of them in the Greystones Lidl on Friday. I quite like them, but they could do with being a bit bigger.

They did look small, but there's no bone, so actually there's plenty meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

katydid wrote: »
    They did look small, but there's no bone, so actually there's plenty meat.

I thought the one I had was a generous portion for one or a nice portion for two with sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I thought the one I had was a generous portion for one or a nice portion for two with sides.
    Likewise, I thought they'd probably be a generous (i.e. normal for me!) portion for one, but when split between the two of us, they just weren't quite big enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,291 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I keep on meaning to try this and actually thought it might have won from the start. It's in stock in my Lidl most of the time.

Advertisement