Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos Chat Thread #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

marcbrophy wrote: »
    New GTA V for pc is €46.99
    Just released today.

It's meant to be 7 discs :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's meant to be 7 discs :eek:

It is 7 discs!
    7 dual layered dvds at that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

It is 7 discs!
    prob a steam code in the box, just throw it into steam and hit install

It is 7 discs!

That's crazy lol
    bpb101 wrote: »
    prob a steam code in the box, just throw it into steam and hit install

I'd be under the assumption that people purchasing on disc would be more inclined to install from disc rather than download 50GB or so.

I'm guessing that's the main reason some people still purchase on disc unless they're physical box collector whores :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That's crazy lol

I'd be under the assumption that people purchasing on disc would be more inclined to install from disc rather than download 50GB or so.

I'm guessing that's the main reason some people still purchase on disc unless they're physical box collector whores :D
    steam is a lot more expensive than shops. for new games buy the game in the shop and take out the codes. steam is only cheap twice a year.

i think this may be on windows own fúcked up version of steam like gta iv(which has cause me to lose my saves about 5 or 6 times, still not finished it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

steam is a lot more expensive than shops. for new games buy the game in the shop and take out the codes. steam is only cheap twice a year.

i think this may be on windows own fúcked up version of steam like gta iv(which has cause me to lose my saves about 5 or 6 times, still not finished it)

Games for windows live is pretty much gone I think, probably uses the rockstar club thing that you get on steam anyway. I'll take the 15 euros !

imitation wrote: »
    Games for windows live is pretty much gone I think, probably uses the rockstar club thing that you get on steam anyway. I'll take the 15 euros !
    i would to , it was just shockly bad though,
    huge problems, checked my email at the time and said i was under 18
    used a different email(not hotmail) so i had to link it to another hotmail, then i had to set up a xbox games link or something,
    lord it was a pain (this when i bought it on steam)

Yeah but who actually buys straight from steam for a new full priced game. G2A, Kinguin etc. all much cheaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

XBOX 0NE still loads in stock ,€329.99 with either Forza Horizon 2 or Halo Master Chief collection plus €13 off Xbox gold membership or extra controller.Very good value ,seriously tempted with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

KayeQ wrote: »

Sorry cant post link they are aqua beads starter set they are half price (9.99) they are 19.99 in Smyths.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=737632

also there no need to put the code in a html box , that is if you wanted to display code(html code) for debug purposes
    you can (when you get 50 post) either post the link as plain text or highlight any work and hit the hyperlink button and enter the link

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1297850/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CPS3%7C14419785.htm

playstation plus 365days was 47.99 now down to 14.99 well worth it, in store only cant be reserved online .

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1297850/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CPS3%7C14419785.htm

playstation plus 365days was 47.99 now down to 14.99 well worth it, in store only cant be reserved online .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭roisinbeag

johnf26 wrote: »

This might be a dumb question but I better ask before picking this up for the other half :-D ....
    Is this country specific? I assume that if Argo.ie are listing them then it must be ok but I noticed that the ones on the smyths website have an Irish flag...
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I assume that's a pricing error with no stock available?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

They have them in stock in the Jervis centre but they wont sell them as there is no code to scan on the box? According to the teller they have to be sent back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Anyone else tried ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

johnf26 wrote: »

There no good anyway for the Irish psn accounts if I am not mistaking there for the UK accounts as you have rhethe UK flag on it and not the Irish one so no deal at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

There no good anyway for the Irish psn accounts if I am not mistaking there for the UK accounts as you have rhethe UK flag on it and not the Irish one so no deal at all

Thats just a stock photo. Argos Ireland will only sell the Irish version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No way they'll honour that price anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Went into the crescent about it, the girl behind the counter said they got in the wrong ones ( UK 12 month sub's) so they have to send them back

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Thats just a stock photo. Argos Ireland will only sell the Irish version.

Nope this happened with all the xbl cards to, they sent over English stock instead of IRL cards. Seen it myself in the stock room. They have been doing this for months now.

Nope this happened with all the xbl cards to, they sent over English stock instead of IRL cards. Seen it myself in the stock room. They have been doing this for months now.

Km
    GMG

That
    Jmum
    DSS.rè

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

The image used on the Irish site has been the UK image for ages. I've bought the year sub from argos back in October and received the Irish sub.
    As for argos Ireland receiving UK stock, that's a different story, it would be a pain to buy that by accident :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Nothing in Sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

loki7777 wrote: »
    Nothing in Sligo.

I've often said that about Sligo...

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    What?

Apologies ha, didn't lock my phone

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

If you're looking for an amazing camera, that fits in a handbag, I highly recommend the Sony A5000. €399 pretty much everywhere. €329 in Argos:

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=SONY+A5000&authToken=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Hococop wrote: »
    Km
    GMG

That
    Jmum
    DSS.rè
    Hococop wrote: »
    Apologies ha, didn't lock my phone

Spelling a real word with a capitalised letter and all. Impressive :pac:

Synode wrote: »
    Spelling a real word with a capitalised letter and all. Impressive :pac:

I know, didn't have pockets in my shorts, so had the phone by my hip and shorts I'm guessing my thigh did the typing. I'm impressed it opened chrome, replied to a comment and made a comment haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dublin Muppet

i bought 2 of the 365 subscription in argos today for my 2 boys. does anyone know if they will work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

i bought 2 of the 365 subscription in argos today for my 2 boys. does anyone know if they will work

What's a 365 subscription ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'll try one out for you and let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

I bought one too but already have a subscription, well my child has, I presume I wait until the current subscription expires before I use this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I bought one too but already have a subscription, well my child has, I presume I wait until the current subscription expires before I use this one?

You can add it on now and it just stacks, so the expiration date on their plus sub will be extended by the year.

• Advertisement

You can add it on now and it just stacks, so the expiration date on their plus sub will be extended by the year.

Oh that's great. I'm glad a posted my silly question now. Thanks a million.

Oh that's great. I'm glad a posted my silly question now. Thanks a million.

As long as it is an Irish sub that they sold in the end.

As long as it is an Irish sub that they sold in the end.

I hope so, it has an Irish flag on the box.

I hope so, it has an Irish flag on the box.

Sorted then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Are these the subs for €15?

yep got them in illac centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Sorry for going off topic everyone but I have a €111 Argos gift card there if anyone wants to take it off me for €100..

I'm in Dublin 11 and can meet up.. pm me interested

sweetie wrote: »
    I'll try one out for you and let you know

kind of you to offer but I will take my chances

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Anybody know for sure if the ps plus subscriptions are working? I tried buy one in Wexford but was told that they werent able to sell them as they werent activating and customers were coming back for refunds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

shoxter wrote: »
    Anybody know for sure if the ps plus subscriptions are working? I tried buy one in Wexford but was told that they werent able to sell them as they werent activating and customers were coming back for refunds.

Would like to know this also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Just a heads up, and I'm not sure if it's just the one item or not, but something which appeared to have no stock in any store online actually had stock in multiple stores when I checked in store.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement