Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EVision - basic 50 channel package HD??

• 18-08-2015 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone with eVision tell me if the standard package of 50 channels is HD?

I have received different information over the Live Chat and by phone with Sales.

Live Chat tells me all channels are 720p HD and the HD Add-On package is is only an upgrade to 1080 HD with a few extra channels like SyFy and History.

The lady from Sales who took my call told me that the standard package only has a few "free HD channels" and names only RTÉ One and Two.

So i the lady on the phone confused about 720p is or are Live Chat completely wrong and the basic set is only SD?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

These are the channels you'll get. Look closely; no HD channels amongst them.

Scroll further down the linked page for details of their HD pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

RTE 1, RTE 2 and TG4 are the only free HD channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭kooga

but you have to ring them to get them turned on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

These are the channels you'll get. Look closely; no HD channels amongst them.

Scroll further down the linked page for details of their HD pack.

I've seen the website. That doesn't help because the website also contradicts itself, just as the various customers service branches are - like I said above.

Are you a current eVision customer?

The guys on Live Chat were adamant that the "Essential package" is 720p and the HD pack is an upgrade to 1080p and a few extra channels.

I've seen the website. That doesn't help because the website also contradicts itself, just as the various customers service branches are - like I said above.

Are you a current eVision customer?

The guys on Live Chat were adamant that the "Essential package" is 720p and the HD pack is an upgrade to 1080p and a few extra channels.

Yep current cutomer. All channels are SD except for the free HD pack which is as i described above. tbh the guys on the website are pretty clueless.

• Advertisement

Yep current cutomer. All channels are SD except for the free HD pack which is as i described above. tbh the guys on the website are pretty clueless.

Agreed. He told me point blank that the Essential Package was HD.

The "free HD channels"? How do I get those?

The interface is great, the eVision boxes are nice and small. I also love that it is now nice and tidy in behind the TV because there is a lot less cables and wires.

I didn't mind losing multiple simultaneous recordings on UPC for only two on eVision, but if recording two programmes we can't watch a third channel live. I didn't know that and it is silly.

UPC isn't getting disconnected until next week so I'll see how eVision goes.;)

I was able to get back in touch with the guy that told me it was HD.

He claims that the picture quality is 720p but is not.

It is not a bad picture by any means but it isn't the quality everyone was telling it was.

So go to this link, small print tells you this : https://www.eircom.net/tv/channels
    RTÉ One HD, RTÉ Two HD and TG4 HD are available free of charge to all customers able to receive HD channels.

You will probably need to call up to get it added if it is not already there.

So go to this link, small print tells you this : https://www.eircom.net/tv/channels

You will probably need to call up to get it added if it is not already there.

Thanks, I'm going to call them now.

can you confirm that your non-HD channels are not HD?

Thanks, I'm going to call them now.

can you confirm that your non-HD channels are not HD?

Confirmed. I have RTE 1 SD and RTE 1 HD for example. (although I removed the SD from the listing).

• Advertisement

Confirmed. I have RTE 1 SD and RTE 1 HD for example. (although I removed the SD from the listing).

Sorry

I meant "can you confirm that your non-HD channels are not 720p"?

That they are less quality than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭kooga

Tv3 hd is also included free of charge. but not utv ireland which is a bit inconsistent

Advertisement