Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ for a large crowd - few questions

Options
  • 28-07-2015 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

I'm bbq/grilling for a large crowd at a party we're having. c 70 people in total. Basic food: burgers, sausages and chicken skewers. Will also be doing pulled pork and various sides.

I'll have a few bbq's running, with a few people manning them so it should be manageable to get everyone fed over the course of say 1.5 hours.

I plan on cooking the burgers entirely on the bbq but was thinking of pre cooking the sausages and chicken and finishing on the bbq, both for time and food safety reasons.

My initial plan was to bake the sausages (these will be the fairly large "BBQ" type sausages) and the chicken but I have limited oven space. So my query is basically - could you bake chicken/sausage in several batches before the bbq without seriously impacting on taste/moistness? This would that the sausages/chicken skewers would have been chilled prior to finishing on the bbq.

Advice on timing/temps welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I would fry the sausages before hand on the hob and give a quick heat up on the bbq on the day. I'd also fully cook the chicken first then a quick twirl on the bbq to heat and flavour. Prep as much as you possibly can beforehand.

Look up "chicken brining". I do all my chicken for the bbq thus way and it always really juicy and tender.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Cheers Fred - will investigate brining.

I will be buying pre-made chicken skewers to save time - these will probably include both chicken and veg (peppers/onion probably) on each skewer. Could these be brined?

Advertisement