Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Customs charges?

• 08-11-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

i need a bit of help, i am trying to sell an item on ebay and have someone from the UK interested in buying. they want to know if they will be caught with customs charges? im not sure and dont know if its only outside the EU customs are charges or what.
    the item is a piece of jewellery. so its a small package id be sending.
    can anyone tell me if i posted to uk am i guaranteed they wont be caught custom duty charges? not sure which way it works! thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i need a bit of help, i am trying to sell an item on ebay and have someone from the UK interested in buying. they want to know if they will be caught with customs charges? im not sure and dont know if its only outside the EU customs are charges or what.
    the item is a piece of jewellery. so its a small package id be sending.
    can anyone tell me if i posted to uk am i guaranteed they wont be caught custom duty charges? not sure which way it works! thanks

Definitely no customs charge if you are sending from Ireland to the UK. There is free trade between all EU countries. ie. No customs charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

ok i was not sure so thank you for your help. i rang post office headquarters in dublin and they said same thing basically. thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No charge in this case. Excise duty & VAT still applies only to applicable items within the EU, at least to imports here.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/value_added_tax.html#l1f4da
    Excisable products (for example, alcohol, tobacco and oil) purchased within the EU via the internet or by mail are subject to excise duty and VAT

Advertisement