Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Potential Consequences for leaving a Job Bridge Placement

• 01-11-2011 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi I really need help on this quite urgently. I decided last week to leave my Job Bridge scheme in Mayo. I'm from Leitrim and basically it was costing me about €120 a week to live up here, and because I hadn't upgraded my programme to a Job Bridge from a WPP i've been on €188 for the bulk of that time. I couldn't find a decent place that would take rent allowance so am paying €50 a week for accomodation.

I had been told by FAS that since the programme is voluntary it would be fairly straightforward to leave it if I wished to do so. However having contacted by local office I was told that there could be consequences for my payment when I leave the placement, or that they may not pay me at all.

Has anyone else left a Job Bridge scheme earlier than expected and if so what were the financial consequences for doing so?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Hi OP

I am on Disability Allowance and I started a WPP in April but due to health reasons I had to leave in September.

So far there has been no reprecautions on my payment but obviously you are on a different payment to me. I sent DSP a letter from my doctor stating I couldnt work.

Maybe if you showed documentation that you couldnt afford your accommodation they maybe lenient??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SU Bookie

Cheers I'll try and get some documentation on that so. I have been looking for full time work whilst on the course also so if they need proof of that I have it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

SU Bookie wrote: »
    Hi I really need help on this quite urgently. I decided last week to leave my Job Bridge scheme in Mayo. I'm from Leitrim and basically it was costing me about €120 a week to live up here, and because I hadn't upgraded my programme to a Job Bridge from a WPP i've been on €188 for the bulk of that time. I couldn't find a decent place that would take rent allowance so am paying €50 a week for accomodation.

I had been told by FAS that since the programme is voluntary it would be fairly straightforward to leave it if I wished to do so. However having contacted by local office I was told that there could be consequences for my payment when I leave the placement, or that they may not pay me at all.

Has anyone else left a Job Bridge scheme earlier than expected and if so what were the financial consequences for doing so?

Thanks

When you say local office, do you mean your local Social Welfare office? If yes, chances are that they are not aware of what it says on the JobBridge website, so print it and show it to them.You will note that there was a procedure you and your host organization were to follow before leaving and while there may be a gap/delay in payment if you haven't done that, there is no mention or provision for a scenario where the SW can refuse you payment if you leave a JobBridge internship.

What if the Internship is not working out as I expected?
    Workplace issues should be resolved with the host organisation.
    If the internship is not working out as expected you should discuss this with the
    person that is supervising/mentoring your internship. If this does not resolve the issue
    you can contact us by sending an email to jobbridge@fas.ie providing the following:
    Your name, contact details, the host organisation name, internship title and brief
    outline of the issue.
    Or alternatively you can telephone 01-6070596
    An internship can finish early with one weeks notice on either side. In this event, the
    Host Organisation must log on and notify FÁS immediately of the new completion
    date. The intern must notify DSP immediately

http://www.jobbridge.ie/toolkit/faqintern.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭nowayjosie

SU Bookie wrote: »

Thanks

People really need to realise that these positions are just scams - I have just read on another thread for "job bridge FAS internship" a message left from a lady who owns a Clothing Design business!! complaining that FAS turned her down for an intern on the grounds that she did not have a full time paid employee!!! I mean really, why was this lady suprised that she would be expected to PAY at least one person to help her expand her company, put food on her table and help her pay her bills?? I really hope people stop applying for these programmes as they are pure slave labour.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Closed.

This is not the forum for complaining about FAS ect

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement