Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of car dent repair

• 12-09-2004 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

edit.[/COLOR]

I reversed from my drive into a stationary car parked directly behind me (it gave me very little room to get out). I put a dent into the back door on the drivers side and cracked the rim over the back tire. The car is a sporty Toyota 1997 not sure of the make . How much do you think it is going to cost repairing something like this. Answers much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

how long is a piece of string?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I had typed a long detailed reply and my machine crashed - cheap-ass Korean junk. Or maybe you reversed into it - sorry I take that back. I estimate between €500 and €850. Let me know how close I am when the bill comes in. Or we could start a poll? Or open a book - yeah, lets open a book and have a prize for the closest estimate. At least you haven't been flamed to death like cormie (mr. stop in fast lane to pick up passenger) for hitting a stationary car while reversing. My sister in law reversed into my '97 Civic and it cost €750 to fix..... Oh damn, I've rambled on a bit again....

'ceptr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Why flame him?

An accident is exactly that; an accident.

That wasn't a flame - at least it wasn't meant to be. Sorry if I was impolite.

'c

Nope not you interceptor. You just mentioned that it might happen to him, and I was backing you up in saying it shouldnt happen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'll probably be the one flamed for my first reply!

I reckon the cost could be more than Interceptors guesstimate - the alloy is cracked and therefore would possibly require a new one - €€€

Oh, I had read 'rim as 'trim' and thought Usedaname meant the bumper - oh dear, wheel be mucho pricey. Can I change my answer, please, can I...... Add €350 if Tayto original or less if aftermarket. Or a lot more if a replacement can't be had and you have to buy a set.....

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Usedaname

what does "Flame" mean in this context?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

means there hurling abuse at you (just a message board saying)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Be prepared for anywhere between a few hundred quid and a couple of grand. My Dad had a fella run into the rear passenger door of his mondeo. Not much damage, I could of done more with a good kick. Cost or repair incl labour....$1845!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

the cost of repairing minor dents on cars is scandelous. How can these prices be justified?

How can these prices be justified?

Like with everything, because people keep paying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Generally, anything bigger than, say a €2 coin will be €500 minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

shop around and check all the back lane panel beaters, I reversed into a tree in my mums car VW golf (was late etc) done a lot of damage and it was a very bad dent and i got quoted from 750 - 200 euros. I took the 200 euro option and made sure there was no filler used, and the job was perfect. If you tell them its a cash job they'll do a deal with you, PM me if you want to know the place that done it.

I reversed into a tree in my mums car VW golf (was late etc)

You were drunk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

The first thing they ask is whether it is an insurance job? If so you can see their eye lite up with dollar bills! Someone hit the missus. Not much damage done. I got a quote from a recognised Ford garage and they quoted €2000. Eventhough we weren't paying for it theres no way I would have stung the guy for that. Went to a back lane guy and got it done for €500.

ding wrote:
    Someone hit the missus.

Wife beater! This thread is full of shameful confessions !
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Found this website a while back - was hoping it would have never come in handy .... www.carcraft.ie ... might be worth a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

I got front drivers panel and drivers door fixed for €700 (Bad scratches and a continues dent along both panels), ask around and make sure and tell each guy your getting other quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Usedaname

Thanks those who replied with a serious answer to my question. You will be rewarded in your next life. A good web site this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Hussains

shop around and check all the back lane panel beaters, I reversed into a tree in my mums car VW golf (was late etc) done a lot of damage and it was a very bad dent and i got quoted from 750 - 200 euros. I took the 200 euro option and made sure there was no filler used, and the job was perfect. If you tell them its a cash job they'll do a deal with you, PM me if you want to know the place that done it.

If you could please tell me about the place, I need to get my Toyota repaired. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I didn't know what a car was 10 years ago.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Hussains wrote: »
    If you could please tell me about the place, I need to get my Toyota repaired. Thanks

The thread is nearly 11 years old and that poster hasn't posted in over 5 years. You'd be better off starting a new thread and looking for recommendations there.

Advertisement