Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC HD

Options
  • 26-08-2015 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hi. When I record 'Match of the Day' (Horizon Box) it seems to record two versions, one in HD and one in SD. I'm sure there's a simple explanation for this, it's not a big problem but I'm just curious.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057482146

It may be recording the SD one from one of the other BBC channels at a different time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Zxclnic wrote: »
    Hi. When I record 'Match of the Day' (Horizon Box) it seems to record two versions, one in HD and one in SD. I'm sure there's a simple explanation for this, it's not a big problem but I'm just curious.
    Thanks.

Happened me this week on my Horizon box, the TV Planner got wiped (see the Talk to: UPC forum where this happened lots of people). When I reprogrammed the series record, it recorded the next episode on BBC1 twice at the same time, one SD and one HD. The weird thing is that I don't know where BBC1 SD is located. I have a multiroom HD box in the bedroom which has BBC1 SD on 108 and BBC1 HD is 139 but on the Horizon box there is only one BBC1 and it's HD on 108 :confused:

The solution is to set the series record to single channel as per the post on the thread linked to above.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Zxclnic

Thanks guys. Settings - preferences - series recording -from single channel.
    Let's see if this works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Zxclnic

Yep, only recorded the one (HD) version after following the instructions in the above post.
    Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Would anyone care to explain how my Horizon box is recording 'Pointless' (5:15 p.m. Mon-Fri) all this week on a channel called 'BBC1' (i.e. not HD) even though there is no such channel on the box - channel 108 is 'BBC1 HD'?

As mentioned above, my planner got wiped last week, I reprogrammed it to record Pointless (series record) and before I set it back to single channel for series record, it was recording the program on both BBC1 and BBC1 HD :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement