Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA payment calculation

Options
  • 08-11-2011 4:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, 18 yo living at home with mother. SW have calculated my means as €18 but I think this is wrong.

On the letter they sent me out they add mother's income from work and her social welfare and it comes to ~ €554. They deduct €470, plus a further €30 for my younger sister, leaving €54, and 34% of that makes the €18. According to

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/means_test_for_social_welfare_payments/how_parents_income_can_affect_jobseekers_allowance.html

they're supposed to subtract rent payments as well, which is €50. This would mean my means would be 34% of ~€4. It works out that it would be rounded down to €1 with the actual figures. Should I go to the SW office and tell them? Who do I talk to about it?

Also, the day they sent out that letter they sent a similar one to my mother which summed up as taking €30 from her social welfare payment, so is the figure they used to calulate my means incorrect in this respect too?

Thanks for any replies.

P.S. Started receiving JSA on the 10/10/11.

Advertisement