Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new amp

Options
  • 25-06-2006 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

money is tight guys but i wanna get a new amp for 400-600ish just for small gigs etc...
    was thinkin of a h&k matrix.

anybody used on of these???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Haven't used one personally, but didn't we have quite a few ravers as to their quality over the past while?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Do you need multi effects? You had the Flextone III and I'd rate that higher than a matrix. For 400-600 you could get a nice low wattage valve amp. Peavey classic 30/Blues Jr. Both of them are plenty loud. For me anyway a good basic tone from an amp (clean and dirty) is all you need, effects come from pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah i kinda do and don't want effects i'm not sure if i'm keepin the gmajor or not so i suppose thats gonna be the deciding factor at the end of the day...i don't want modelling at all if i can (on the clean and dirty channels) and i like the h&k drive/lead tones.need something for metal and soft rock too

Get a RAT, an EQ, a nice delay in that order and use it with a classic 30. You wont be disappointed! Or just get an ENGL, they do everything. You dont NEED multifx!

i like having effects at my disposal and getting rid of the gmajor won't payfor a lot of effectsso the matrix is good in that sense... ENGL is a bit out myreach i'd say i'd be more the 400 scale than the 600 like

• Advertisement

It'd get you a:

RAT €77
    Ibanez DE7 (excellent pedal) €89
    Behringer EQ €18.50
    Whammy IV €177

If you got €400 for the FCB and Gmajor, that'd leave you with 40 left over to go towards the amp.

I think you should get a valve amp and keep the Gmajor personally

again its all about the finances and at the moment the gmajor (or the rg) sale will be a big part of buying the amp...time will tell...

ideally yeah i'd get a classic 30 or something along them lines and keep the gmajor and just eq the drive on the amp wit a ge-7 but at this time i would be looking from a monetary point of view and what i cn get for my money

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If you want to try the Randall, gimme a shout.

might try it out at some stage fey...how versatile is the drive on it

• Advertisement
Advertisement