Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking to buy 10/11 Toyota Avenis

Options
  • 27-10-2015 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a 10/11 Toyota Avensis diesel.
    Anything i should look for or know about? Any info be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

I had a 2010 one for two years and found it very reliable and refined, won't set you pulse racing with performance but does what its designed to do well. A friend of mine bought it and is still going strong with no major problems and over 200.000 on the clock. you will probably get some negative feedback also on here as there is a few very anti Toyota posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Here is an honest review from a bygone poster (slightly tongue in cheek style)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

is the fuel economy any good? it should be an improvement from 07 a4 tdi. Also the auto brake, does that give trouble? Ive always used the good old fashioned do it yourself handbrake so would be something to get used to

Average fuel economy was around the 40mpg at best with 50 plus on long journeys. the auto brake was grand when you get used to it, dosen't work automatically on the 2010 one you have to pull up the lever to apply. mind just after trading in the 2012 Avensis the Auto hand brake went on it. Had five Toyota Avensis in total and never had a problem. 3 petrol and the last two were diesel.

Here is an honest review from a bygone poster (slightly tongue in cheek style)
    Very Imformative¡¡¡¡¡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭ofcork

I have a 2012 coming up to a year now and no real issues only minor things were rattle in bonnet and a rattle from drivers seat belt adjuster getting about 800km from a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

SBPhoto wrote: »
    Had five Toyota Avensis in total and never had a problem. 3 petrol and the last two were diesel.

Slightly off topic from the original question, but how did you find the 3 petrol ones? Were they the 1.6 petrol? Reliable / Economical?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭ofcork

I had an 04 petrol 1.6 traded it for the new one never a bother with it in fact most reliable car iv owned.

Slightly off topic from the original question, but how did you find the 3 petrol ones? Were they the 1.6 petrol? Reliable / Economical?

Never any problem with the petrol ones, would have preferred the 1.8 heard they were better than the 1.6 very reliable and average about 35mpg

Advertisement