Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Childhood things your parents don't know about

• 08-06-2009 1:01pm

What are those silly little things you did as a child, which your parents never found out about or only found out about as an adult?

I recently told my mother about how I scaled a 3-storey apartment block to watch a lightning storm that, at one point, was only a mile away. It had the best view, but the look on her face was something priceless.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I got married...when i was 6..in a ditch...to not one but two of the neighbourhood lads :D good times! Oh and the shed down the back of the garden was more than the meeting place for "the secret gang"..really good times!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

anniehoo wrote: »
    I got married...when i was 6..in a ditch...to not one but two of the neighbourhood lads :D good times! Oh and the shed down the back of the garden was more than the meeting place for "the secret gang"..really good times!:P

So you didn't tell your parents you were the local bike for the little rascals?

Makes sense.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I killed a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

That smell was not actually 'cool pops'

It was 6 bottles of your finest bacardi breezer necked behind the green sheds after school on a friday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I kissed a man.
    FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

I was a teenage werewolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

anniehoo wrote: »

I got married up a tree :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I stole 50p from my mother's purse once when I was sent to do the messages. This was at a time that pocket money was 10p a week :) I cried myself to sleep over the guilt for about 3 weeks, but wouldn't tell them what was wrong. Only told my mother about it a few years ago, laughing. She wasn't amused initially - she remembers that period, and they thought that something terrible had happened to me and had brought me to the doctor and everything (which I don't remember). She saw the funny side eventually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Thoie wrote: »
    I stole 50p from my mother's purse once when I was sent to do the messages. This was at a time that pocket money was 10p a week :) I cried myself to sleep over the guilt for about 3 weeks, but wouldn't tell them what was wrong. Only told my mother about it a few years ago, laughing. She wasn't amused initially - she remembers that period, and they thought that something terrible had happened to me and had brought me to the doctor and everything (which I don't remember). She saw the funny side eventually!
    LOL, you were molested and your brain has blocked it out and replaced it with some ridiculous story of a nicked 50p.

Kudos to your mother for not telling you the truth about Fr Reilly and those extra first confessional practices you were made do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I hated John Craven's Newsround so much i once pissed on the TV when it came on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭nevisgod

I used to piss under the kitchen table for years. :cool: My mam thought there was some kind of pipe leak for ages resulting in the vile smell. :D told her a few months ago when i was drunk. She went nuts.
    good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

When I was 7 or 8 I molested the priest and told him not to tell anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I cycled straight into one of my mums favourite trees and broke it.
    I told her it was a woodpecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I found "The Book of Love" under their bed, had mad positions and stuff. I returned nearly every day for 2 years, making sure the book was placed in the exact same way I had found it every time

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

it wasnt ruffians that threw 20 tins of paint at our wall, it was me. and i did a pretty damn good job for an 8 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

My weekend camping trip to the Phoenix Park was in fact actually a train trip to Wexford. And whilst there, I got so drunk I passed out in a wooded area and slept whole night. Myself and my mates had so little money on us that we had to hitchhike to/from the train station. A year later we got drunk again and somehow ended up in a train station in Cork.

God I miss being 12. I'm such a 'tame' person now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I forged my mum's signature on sick notes and homework journals (where they used to write reports re: your messing for them to read) for years. Could still sign her name for years after I left school.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭iHeartRyanAdams

i made my brother laugh so much that he fell off he top of the sofa and his bum went straight through the window!
    he was so embarrassed about the glass in his bum that we told them it was a bird!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Agh embarrassing to admit, but I was the one who kicked the glass front door in when we moved here! You don't tell me we're moving to Ireland on my 12th birthday and expect me to be happy lol. To this day, they still think the construction workers did it lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

when i was a kid i remember throwing beer cans at passing cars from behind a wall, knackers used to do drugs and drink there so they built 3 houses on it :( i remember also spraying passing cars with supersoakers, myself and my brother! aw the good aul days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

I mitched 7 months off school in 5th year not the 5times i was caught

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Ratted 'em out to the fuzz for growin da 'erb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

I put the screw in the tuna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Inkivaari

Burned a hole in the living room carpet, stole ten euro off my sister, got in minor trouble wit the gardai, mitched more this year than i've ever mitched in my entire school life, and got LOCKED at a house party and had to crash in my sisters. Thats all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

I shot the sheriff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

There is stuff I can't post because if Hagger sees it I'll get someone in trouble :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Whenever I go to friends house for the night it's because their parents are away. Have a feeling my mam might suspect that, but no idea really, I'm always fine by the time I go home.
    I'm 16, so as most of you have guessed this still goes on.

Also there've been a few times that I've just left in the middle of the night and wandered down to the village to meet up with friends.
    Not recently, except for kind of recently when a friend called me up at one in the morning and basically told me to leave my house and follow the music, spent like an hour wandering around backroads trying to find a party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I put the screw in the tuna.

You have made my day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Told my mother the first time she caught me drunk that i drank a naggin of gin when in fact it was a naggin of vodka :o If she ever found out the truth ! :D

Had a party when i was about 17, a pane of glass was broken in a ceiling lamp shade, i sellotaped it back together, my mother never noticed till i told her years later and pointed it out to her.

Advertisement