Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Small Print

Options
  • 14-12-2007 1:33am

In work today I came across the "Alvin and the Chipmunks" poster. In the corner it boasted, "Get a FREE* Alvin ringtone by txting blah blah"

and below it, in the tiniest writing possible,
    *Standard Mobile Rates Apply

It just made me laugh, not so free, is it? What other funny small prints have people come across?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'd actually defend that one.

Your Boards.ie access is FREE*

* Internet connection is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

There was a ring tone add on the telly a few months ago where some guy talks about how fantastic the tone is but when he gets to the part about the price the sound level drops way down, it's hard to hear him and he talks so fast you cant understand him.

It used to drive me nuts. Surely that kind of thing shouldn't be allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

IOL Free*. The US adverts for headache tablets or just about any medicine has the terms and/or conditions of medicine part sped up at the end of the ad.

*all you pay is the price of a local call for every minute you are online! :)

Ruu wrote: »
    IOL Free*

*all you pay is the price of a local call for every minute you are online! :)

Oh god, when 7-up changed Diet 7-up to 7-up Free, we would always get some smart-arse going, "ho-ho, it's free, is it?"

Thrill wrote: »
    There was a ring tone add on the telly a few months ago where some guy talks about how fantastic the tone is but when he gets to the part about the price the sound level drops way down, it's hard to hear him and he talks so fast you cant understand him.

It used to drive me nuts. Surely that kind of thing shouldn't be allowed.

And with writing so small and fuzzy that it won't be seen on anything but the largest of plasma screens. Shoot the ****ers that make these advertisements. And shoot the ****ers at blingmob.com that have sent me two texts with a "FREE RINGTONE" URI.
    Ruu wrote:
    IOL Free
    Not nearly as hilarious as "No-Limits".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Its a constant irritation, but to be fair, Its a good lesson on the whole life experience, There is always some fcuker there waiting with the terms and conditions and a big smile

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

In Dunnes two weeks ago on a Sunday and they had massive posters all over the front doors and a guy handing out promotional leaflets inside the door about a sale in teh ladies department!

In huge red writing it said LADIESWEAR - 50% OFF EVERYTHING!!!

Then in teeenchy weenchy writing down the bottom it said "within this promotion"

F*ckin' asssssholes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    Then in teeenchy weenchy writing down the bottom it said "within this promotion"

F*ckin' asssssholes!!!

Or how many times will you see this in small print.....

* on selected items only

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I like Facebook T&C:
    By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that the Company may retain archived copies of your User Content.
    http://www.facebook.com/terms.php
    Anything you put in Facebook, they pwn...

Any (software)EULA is usually good for a giggle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    LADIESWEAR - 50% OFF !!!

you see that in Dublin at 3am most weekends :D

Advertisement