Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shares

Options
  • 29-06-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

If someone had 20k to spare and wanted to buy some shares what would be the best investment at the moment - excluding Bank of Ireland and all bank shares??

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Wrong forum perhaps.....

That said have a look at the "Small Dogs of the Dow", 12.5% pa over 20 years, which plays nicely with the rule of 72

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Should Have Done Arts

Benny122 wrote: »
    If someone had 20k to spare and wanted to buy some shares what would be the best investment at the moment - excluding Bank of Ireland and all bank shares??

You looking for regular dividends or capital appreciation

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Moved to investments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Drumcote

Anyone ever hear of SVS Securities in the UK. for share sales? Their fees are very reasonable. I came across them when I thought I was ringing Sharewatch.
    Opinions please on their status please?
    Never heard of them before and I would not wish to deal with a firm until I was sure of their integrity and Central Bank clearance etc..

Thanks

Advertisement