Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anti reflective coating peeling Macbook Pro late 2014

• 25-07-2015 8:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

My AR coating has started to come off, just a few questions to Irish users?

1)Anybody else effective by it and has got it repaired through apple ireland free of charge?
    2)My main warranty is out by a 4 months, but would it be better to invest into applecare so it will give me a better chance of it getting repaired?

thanks
    Damo

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If it's late 2014, how is the warranty out by 4 months? You shouldn't need AppleCare to have something like this sorted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

Remember l, no matter what Apple tell you about a warranty, consumer law in Ireland states that goods should last a 'reasonable' amount of time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Remember l, no matter what Apple tell you about a warranty, consumer law in Ireland states that goods should last a 'reasonable' amount of time.

Apple are actually very clear about your rights under consumer law these days.

http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

Can't argue with their honesty on that, good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Sorry...2013 model, had a brain fart.

Ah grand thats all lpoking positive...compu b in cork accepts repairs yeah?

Cheers for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Just call Apple. Last year the hard drive on my 2010 MacBook Pro died and they replaced it free of charge without any objection. The new hard drive was twice the capacity as the old one too!

I've never bought AppleCare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Did you have any luck with this Damo?

Not yet, needed my laptop this week but I going to call into comp u b or AT Mac on tuesday. Ill post here with progress.

Do you have the same problem Paully D?

There seems to be more case on the internet where people are getting their laptops repaired (out of warranty) so maybe apple are starting to accept these cases on the sly!

Just an update on this as I finally got around to getting it done.

Apple had launched a extended warranty program for replacing these screens which was never publicised and I believe is finishing up this October.

Got mine done a few days ago with no questions asked. Took 2 days to do.

Advertisement