Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Holy Lady in a Azure

Options
  • 08-07-2015 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

We all know our dear friend OldGoat banned the usage of a certain wine in this forum.

However, has anyone actually seen it in the shops recently?

Or Black Tower?

Or Bull's Blood?

Or do any of you know what I am rambling on about?

Any Ould drinkies you don't see any more?

Corona Lemonade for example?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Haven't seen Bulls Blood - no idea what it is! but the other two are available in Tesco afaik?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Babycham! Remember the ad....."Ooooh, I'd LOVE a Babycham!" Yes, I used to drink it when I went out with my 'gang' in my teenage days. I thought I was the bee's knees even though I didn't even like the stuff! Himself used to always buy either B--- N-- or Black Tower at Christmas. Made us feel terribly sophisticated it did! Amazing what eejits teenagers can be in any era. :D Will there be a ban on mentioning Black Tower, sorry......B---- T---- now?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Im not sure I could pass the Corona Fizzical these days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Babycham! Remember the ad....."Ooooh, I'd LOVE a Babycham!" Yes, I used to drink it when I went out with my 'gang' in my teenage days. I thought I was the bee's knees even though I didn't even like the stuff! Himself used to always buy either B--- N-- or Black Tower at Christmas. Made us feel terribly sophisticated it did! Amazing what eejits teenagers can be in any era. :D Will there be a ban on mentioning Black Tower, sorry......B---- T---- now?

I would have to ban ME! :eek:

Ah the height of sophistication in my teens was a snowball! A measure of advocaat with a small bottle of lemonade shaken up and squirted into the glass - controlled by the bar-tender's thumb across the top of the bottle! And a cherry-on-a-stick!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bull's blood wasn't half bad. I think you can still get it under a fancier name now.

Remember when Fuerstenberg was launched and everyone went mad at the cheap (and very strong) lager?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I know the name of the Holy Lady in Azure is not to be spoken, but can it be asked as to why Her Cerulean Divinity is so feared? :D

Wine snobbery really I think :D;)

Yep, wine snobbery, and also only doddery O & O's would still drink it. OldGoat is one of your more more sofistic........sofis.......posher O & O's. :rolleyes:

Maybe we could ask Beruthial? Naah Not me I call for volunteers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Janey......Janey Mac. More evil drink talk.

CIDONA - A superior tincture, available in all good corner shops. Rots your teeth but, although it causes it, it doesn't make you laugh at your own....em....flatulence.

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Janey......Janey Mac. More evil drink talk.

CIDONA - A superior tincture, available in all good corner shops. Rots your teeth but, although it causes it, it doesn't make you laugh at your own....em....flatulence.

I used to love Cidona. Fanta orange made me feel sick, as did Coca-cola, so Cidona was the one I went for. Since I went to England and had Tango Apple though, I can't be dealing with Cidona at all. It just tastes of chemicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Rubecula wrote: »
    Maybe we could ask Beruthial? Naah Not me I call for volunteers :)
    Beruthial is the wine buff and at her behest the offending *cough* wine is a banned topic. I happen to agree with her on this.*

One thing I do miss seeing as frequently is a large bottle of guinness. I used to be fascinated at seeing the variety of iceberg shapes of stout-head floating in halfpint glasses at the bar.

*She scares me so I agree with ANYTHING she says. :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

My mistake OG. I thought 'twas yourself that banned IT! I remember Snowballs as well. That was another of my go to's when out with the gang in a pub. All my male friends would drink lager, and all my female friends drank vodka. Oh you can see how well I fitted in, can't you? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

It might be an Urban Myth, but wasn't the wine that musn't be named the Queens favourite tipple?

It might be an Urban Myth, but wasn't the wine that musn't be named the Queens favourite tipple?

It is the first I have heard of it if it is true FelineOverlord

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

OldGoat wrote: »
    Beruthial is the wine buff and at her behest the offending *cough* wine is a banned topic. I happen to agree with her on this.*

One thing I do miss seeing as frequently is a large bottle of guinness. I used to be fascinated at seeing the variety of iceberg shapes of stout-head floating in halfpint glasses at the bar.

*She scares me so I agree with ANYTHING she says. :o

I'm gonna get banned for this but..

BLUE NUN BLUE NUN BLUE NUN BLUE NUN BLUE NUN BLUE NUN

:p:p:p

Steve wrote: »

So that's what famous last words look like! We haven't had much time to get to know you Steve. Pity, really. :(

Steve wrote: »

Mod wanders by enjoying the scenery and whistling quietly.

Hmmmm, nothing has happened! Yet! Very strange.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It's best not to wake Ber too often these days... what has been posted cannot be unposted tho, my toes are already feeling the warmth of the coming embers.... :o

Now I am waiting expectantly, waiting to see what fate has in store for you. The silence is quite unsettling, isn't it, Steve? Unsettling. Steve......oh yoo-hoo! Are you feeling unsettled yet? :D(seems like while the cat is away.....etc)

OMG an unsettling silence from Jellybaby .....

*Puts his towel under his feet as he lies down*

Get prepared to bow to the wonderful Ber. (Not really, better to run for cover) :D

It seems to have escaped everyone's notice that earlier Mods are gone from our forum and are not likely to be in...

Are you feeling unsettled yet? :D
    I'm hiding behind the couch with the curtains closed...
    <_<
    >_>
    :O

looksee wrote: »
    It seems to have escaped everyone's notice that earlier Mods are gone from our forum and are not likely to be in...

It's probably some sort of spell to summon them though. Somewhere, Ber is sitting peacefully doing something when s/he feels a disturbance in the Force. The sound of someone invoking the name of the B.N. on O&O. Now it is time to take up his/her Modship again and bring vengeance down upon the forum, so that never again shall that unholy name be spoken.

Amen.

Samaris wrote: »
    It's probably some sort of spell to summon them though. Somewhere, Ber is sitting peacefully doing something when s/he feels a disturbance in the Force. The sound of someone invoking the name of the B.N. on O&O. Now it is time to take up his/her Modship again and bring vengeance down upon the forum, so that never again shall that unholy name be spoken.

Amen.

Yes, I have been trying summoning spells, not of past mods (who incidentally should really not be the subject of discussion in their absence) but in other areas of my life. They do not work.

I do believe.....the spell.......have been broken. All hail Steve! (Everyone, fall to your knees in admiration, and gaze worshipfully on Steve's splendiferousness! :rolleyes:)

looksee wrote: »
    Yes, I have been trying summoning spells, not of past mods (who incidentally should really not be the subject of discussion in their absence) but in other areas of my life. They do not work.

Maybe a kick ass Viking Curse written in Ogham script will do the job better :rolleyes:
    I do believe.....the spell.......have been broken. All hail Steve! (Everyone, fall to your knees in admiration, and gaze worshipfully on Steve's splendiferousness! :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement

Someone wake the beast up, for crying out loud! I'm on tenterhooks here waiting for the apocalypse!

Advertisement