Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop dying??

Options
  • 28-01-2013 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hey folks
    The missus has a toshiba laptop. Its about 4 years old. Lately its been acting weird. Today I plugged a digital camera into it and the screen went blank. Each time I moved the mouse and it'd light up for a couple of seconds. I managed to shut it down and start it up again and it is ok for the time been. But something similar to above happened a week ago too. Dont think the camera was involved that time.
    She had a hewlett packard laptop before this one and it behaved in a similar manner before it eventually gave up and nothing would appear on the screen. Pitty that this happened when it was 13 months old. A month out of warranty. Laptop was €800.
    Has anyone had a similar experience and is there a way to fix it? We know nothing about computers but how do we restore it to facory settings?

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement