Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

to be honest, they will put plenty (more so than the other sales each year) at 50%+. However anything which has been released in last month or so won't be there and anything which is popular and released in the last 3-6 months won't either.

I do love their sales. got over 100 games from them and that doesn't count FPS games. the only one I don't have is carrier command, I want to see it drop to euro 5. It's a crap game comparded to the original. lots of great indie games though.

My CC doesn't like the steams, it feels like a hooker. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Well, Borderlands 2 was 50% off in the last sale and it's no more than 4 months old. It wouldnt surprise me if they had some really decent deals. Personally speaking, if they have the BL2 dlc's up for cheap i'll grab them, secretly hoping for farcry3 to make an appearance though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I dont know whether im happy or sad my bank account is empty right now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Id love to see the new Hitman game in the sale

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Headshot wrote: »
    Id love to see the new Hitman game in the sale

buy it off amazon, won't be this cheap in the steam sale http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82276371&postcount=5704

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ShaneU wrote: »
    buy it off amazon, won't be this cheap in the steam sale http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82276371&postcount=5704

wow now that is cheap, thanks shane

edit

I had to create a fake usa address, so I think im sorted now

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

Yay, now I can buy more games I won't have time to play! :D

Seriously though... I have games from the summer sale I've yet to start. :/

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

I'm hoping for Dishonoured and Dark Souls for 75% off :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well, Borderlands 2 was 50% off in the last sale and it's no more than 4 months old. It wouldnt surprise me if they had some really decent deals. Personally speaking, if they have the BL2 dlc's up for cheap i'll grab them, secretly hoping for farcry3 to make an appearance though.
    I think one of the main reason BL2 is sold cheap is the fact their main source of income is the after sale (season pass, DLC, keys etc.) which means you want to increase the user base.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

want dishonoured (75% off ;)) and far cry 3 (would buy at 25-33% off)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

OOh yes and a bit of Far Cry 3 please :) 50% ain't gonna happen; might wait for easter there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Shouldn't you be required to score 70+ on "percentage played" over on the Steam Analysis Project before you can spend a penny in the sales?
    Hoping for Walking Dead, Max Payne 3, Arkham City, LA Noire, Sleeping dogs, Dishonoured, Dark Souls, Deadlight, Hotline Miami, Retro City Rampage, Universe Sandbox, Alpha Protocol, UT3, The Witcher 2, Mass Effect 3... Lots of stuff that I'll never get around to playing but I'll feel better knowing the option is there.

I've missed out on the last 2 years or so of PC Gaming. What have I missed that isn't a Dragon Age game or the last Deus Ex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Bought essentially nothing in the last sale, a crazy deal on Far Cry 3 would tempt me but don't want a whole lot else.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Banjo wrote: »
    Shouldn't you be required to score 70+ on "percentage played" over on the Steam Analysis Project before you can spend a penny in the sales?

Heh, could imagine that. Go to purchase a game only to get "Sorry, you've too many unplayed games in your backlog to purchase another one. You'll thank us later"

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Assasins Creed bundle would do it for me.....
    Cheap Civ V DLc would be good also

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Heh, could imagine that. Go to purchase a game only to get "Sorry, you've too many unplayed games in your backlog to purchase another one. You'll thank us later"
    Should be the other way around; you get a higher discount the more unplayed games you got instead showing you're into the spirit of things :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

zodac wrote: »
    Yay, now I can buy more games I won't have time to play! :D

Seriously though... I have games from the summer sale I've yet to start. :/

Ha, I'm pretty certain I've games bought in Valve sales in 2010 that I haven't installed or played yet, forget about 2011 and 2012! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Spec Ops: The Line for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Highly recommend The Walking Dead game for anyone who is yet to pick it up. Will probably go to 15euro minimum, probably more now that the first season is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Highly recommend The Walking Dead game for anyone who is yet to pick it up. Will probably go to 15euro minimum, probably more now that the first season is finished.

I assume you mean the point and click one, all episodes?

I've played the first episode on iOS, really enjoyed it but maybe it's cheaper for me to get it on laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm pretty sure the whole season was about €12.49 during the Autumn sale so it might well go down to that level again.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

I holding out for 50% or more off Far Cry 3, and maybe Dishonored.

Other than that I'm sure I'll get sucked into getting another few bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

HA ! Have about 100quid more than i thought i had in my bank account.... roll on tomorrow !!!! **** YE !

(Still haven't played most of the games i bought in the summer...)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Just remember to tread with caution before the 25th ladies and gentlemen. I bought two of my future christmas presents last year :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Downlinz

I'm looking to get Football Manager 2013 on the cheap, I'm not sure if theres precedent for it in these sales but I'll be keeping an eye out for it.
    Anyway, the problem I have is my desktop is my christmas present so if I see something good like that or something else I can't actually download it on that until the 25th by which stage the special offer could be over. Can I buy it on my laptop and download it on a different machine so long as its the same steam account?

Also when is it likely to start, past midnight tonight or American time so tomorrow for us?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Downlinz wrote: »
    I'm looking to get Football Manager 2013 on the cheap, I'm not sure if theres precedent for it in these sales but I'll be keeping an eye out for it.
    Anyway, the problem I have is my desktop is my christmas present so if I see something good like that or something else I can't actually download it on that until the 25th by which stage the special offer could be over. Can I buy it on my laptop and download it on a different machine so long as its the same steam account?

Also when is it likely to start, past midnight tonight or American time so tomorrow for us?

you don't need to download it when you buy it.

When using different PCs for accessing steam, they email you an authorisation code to confirm you are you. So wont be a problem buying it on the laptop, then installing it on the desktop at all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Just buy it on the webstore with the same account and you can download it whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Yes, you can buy it on a laptop, phone etc. and then download on your desktop.

Sales usually start at 6pm. So it'll be Thursday 20th at 18:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Downlinz

you don't need to download it when you buy it.

When using different PCs for accessing steam, they email you an authorisation code to confirm you are you. So wont be a problem buying it on the laptop, then installing it on the desktop at all.
    marco_polo wrote: »
    Just buy it on the webstore with the same account and you can download it whenever.
    SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Yes, you can buy it on a laptop, phone etc. and then download on your desktop.

Sales usually start at 6pm. So it'll be Thursday 20th at 18:00.

Thanks for the info. Will snap them up when I see em so. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I am broke, someone send me 10 euro on paypal so I can at least get something! CHEERS!

paypal: eyeofcake@hotmail.co.uk

LOVE YOU ALL! Have a good xmas!

Advertisement