Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Playing (End of the Year Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Left school there a few weeks back and until i get placed into a FÁS course (oh the joy) in January I've a lot of time on my hands. So just gonna get bet into the PS3 for a while.
    Playing Black Ops II at the moment and finding it not to be as bad as I thought but the multiplayer isn't the best and will get most likely get mind-numbingly repetitive after a while so thinking of getting into Mass Effect for the first time and plsy the trilogy, looking for a game with lots of hours and a decent story, any suggestions?

Eh yeah, after your fas course ends you should look for employment rather than make plans to play games dude :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Trying desperately to get through some of my backlog.

I just finished Deus Ex:HR the other day, that is a damn fine video game.

Started Sleeping Dogs yesterday, have 3 or 4 hours in, will finish this now before moving onto. It's pretty enjoyable. I haven't played GTA for a while so I'm sure there are differences but it's very reminiscent of a GTA game. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all.

Think I'll tackle Batman:AC next.

After that, dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Finished Bayonetta after leaving it a year ago. Decided to try the Hard mode but then.....Gracious & Glorious in the first area......F**K THAT!!!

Mainly play loL every day for "1st win" IP bonus, a bit of ME3 MP when I feel like it, and just got a PSP so can finally play my copy of Valkyria Chronicles 2. Also ordered AC3 for PC so thats out Friday, and have some friends dropping down Saturday week for a Lego LoTR-filled weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

I know thats the plan just spoiling myself until i start the course :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Trying to get trough some of the big backlog of games I have (damn you Steam sale), but am on a bit of an indie buzz at the moment. Just finished Braid, and am currently getting through Spacechem, Super Meat Boy, Machinarium, Shatter and Rochard. Also want to finally finish Skyrim, Torchlight and seeing as The final Walking Dead is released, I also need to get through that too.
    Thankfully am off work with a dodgy back at the moment so might get something completed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started Harley Quinn's Revenge, so once I'm done with that, then maybe I'll move on to Walking Dead. I started Bioshock a while back but think since it took so long to get it running on Windows 7, I got bored within about 30 minutes. Must go back and try again now I know it's working.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

okay, i love spec ops: the line. Just did one mission which made me feel like a total cock. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

too many games being played at the moment

Black Ops 2:
    This is in heavy rotation at the moment. Mixing it up with MP and SP. Finding the SP to be one of the least enjoyable COD campaigns i've played. Seems to be lacking atmosphere or something. 5 levels in and no level has blown me away and kept me enthralled.

Pinball FX 2:
    This game is never far from the my most played game of a month. Fantastic, addictive never ending fun. The game that keeps on giving and a new table out soon as well

Max Payne 3:
    Onto the last 2 levels on my New York Minute playthrough, then complete the campaing AGAIN on Hardcore

Xcom:
    On the back burner but need to get back to this cracker

Dark Souls:
    Got stuck on the 4 kings. Need help to stand a Chance I think.

Other games I'm kicking some time into for slow completions are
    MW3 - Achievements
    Hydrophobia
    Gears of War 3

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Playing Revenge of the Titans right now. Gotta go back to Borderlands2 and probably then another run of XCOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PS3: Killzone, Madden NFL 13

Xbox 360: Crysis 2, FIFA 13

3DS: Mario Kart 7, Samurai G, Liberation Maiden

• Advertisement

Still playing Halo 3 against another guy I live with.. Both were level 46/47 back in the day so it's pretty full on with a few beers. I threw the controller at the wall when he got 3 crazy no scope kills in a row to win 25-24. :o

Same with Fifa 13.. We all play it in the house for a while a couple of evenings a week. All manual settings... Only way to play it. So much better.

Slowly making my way through Dishonored on the laptop.. Really love it but make sure not to overkill it. I just killed Waverly Boyle in her mansion.. Anyone know how far I'm through the game?

Started Far Cry 3 this weekend.. My laptop can manage it on medium if I overclock so I'm happy. Fun game even if I've only played it hungover so far.. Hasn't drawn me in yet at all though and don't think it will. It crashed a while ago and haven't bothered to start it up again.

And the big one... Civ 4. Played it for the first time 2 months ago and love it. After being out of PC games for so many years, I'm not surprised that it's the game that drew me in massively after getting a good laptop. So so many hours recently put into it.

Need some other game ideas.. Getting lazier and liking games again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Coming towards the end of Sleeping Dogs now, was going for all the collectables and stuff but I'm not arsed anymore, just going to finish the story missions.

Currently on chapter 3 of The Walking Dead, amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,249 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mass Effect 1 (PS3 - feels like something I have to do - can't say I am finding it all that enjoyable in the early stages).

Pes 2013

Dark Souls

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »
    Mass Effect 1 (PS3 - feels like something I have to do - can't say I am finding it all that enjoyable in the early stages).

It's very rough compared to the later games especially the lazy reused assets in the side missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,249 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's very rough compared to the later games especially the lazy reused assets in the side missions.

I haven't even gotten to the dread Mako bits yet.

well i have finished spec ops the line today. loved it. wont bother with multiplayer, thats not what i got this game.

so currently i still play:

PC:

Dark souls - have a lot further then i hoped lol. on ps3 i got up to sens fortress and i could not progress as i was getting my nipples twisted off. Now i am a lot further!

BF3 - with aftermath my BF3 time rocketed sky high again. after last 2 expansions being so ****, this one feels like a brand new game.

EVE online - i am a junky for this game and it takes majority of my time. LOVE it. Got two accounts so far. one mining other PVP/PVE. everyday i find out something new, just love how sandboxy the game is.

3DS:

playing Resident evil revalations.i cant believe how good they made this with a sea of **** RE games that fallowed lately. 3D effect can go and die in the ditch if you ask me.

with spec ops finished i can start something else. i got like 2 tons and a half of games... might go and finish. borderlands 2, XCOM, arkham City, Driver,Jagged alliance, MM6, Saints row 3 installed alone on my pc and barely or not touched at all...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »
    I haven't even gotten to the dread Mako bits yet.

If you have a slow elevator fetish it's probably the best game ever :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Just started Mass Effect. Seems to have an interesting story but the battle system is puzzling me a bit.
    Also nearly finished my NG in Demon's Souls with a magic build. Trying to do a few of the World Tendency events which is a pain as it resets between logins to the server. Thank God From nipped this in the bud.
    Need to wrap up FFVI as well and maybe finally start Tactics Ogre or FFIX.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Finally started Okamiden on the DS

Also playing Enslaved Odyssey to the West on PS3

finished driver just now... wow 2 games finished today, i am on the roll lol :D

lets see, what can i finish today too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Started playing a lot of Left 4 Dead 2 again on PC. I also have a back catalog of games on Steam that I have to work through, I'll probably start off with Metro 2033. I'm also playing some Halo 4 on Xbox, I'm having a lot of enjoyment from this, brings me back to the Halo 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just finished Assassin's Creed III this weekend so now I need to find something new to play. After spending so long playing a third-person action game I think I'm in the mood for something short and sweet. Maybe a shooter. I will have to look through my backlog for something interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Playing Resident Evil 6 a bit meh so far just finished the 1st chapter of the Leon campaign and shot the bulletsponge blobby zombie? Are the two other campaigns much good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Planetside 2 and BF3 for multiplayer
    [BF3 has suddenly became fun to play again since Aftermath expansion]
    Far Cry3 and some Minecraft for single player shenannigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Finished the story on amazing spiderman , Started Enslaved Odyssey to the west yesterday and have pretty much played it non stop since amazing game amazed i got it for a fiver in Xtravison

Finished the story on amazing spiderman , Started Enslaved Odyssey to the west yesterday and have pretty much played it non stop since amazing game amazed i got it for a fiver in Xtravison

Yep, I'm just starting Chapter 8 of Enslaved. Really liking it. It's like Uncharted with more exploring/climbing and less combat. So Uncharted meets Prince of Persia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Skyrim Dragonborn DLC
    Far Cry 3

Replaying The Walking Dead

Alphajax (on WP7)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

FarCry 3, Planetside 2, and Mass Effect 3.

Will do an Assassins Creed playthrough once i've finished the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Now
    Medal of Honor - prob finished with it for good now
    Black Ops 2 - load of meh , not sure if I'll play it anymore either
    Sniper Elite V2 - very samey and boring
    Team Fortress 2 - never gets old :D
    Left4Dead2 - set STEAM region to US - more fun vs Americans late at night
    Guild Wars 2 - played for 1 day, should really get back to it
    Skyrim - rolled a new sneaky archer character - will get the new DLC too
    StarCraft 2 - for the RTS fix, though im awful
    Natural Selection 2 - still undecided as to whether I like it or not
    FIFA 13

Next
    Tropico 4 - bought it last week , need to try it
    Hitman
    Dishonored
    Far Cry 3

So finally got around to Tropico 4 on the 1st of January - new year etc, so I said I'd get through my backlog.
    BUT, I can't see that happening because I think this game will be taking up all my time !! It's amazing :D - absolutely love it.
    I wasn't too bowled over by the demo, but I started the game and stuck with it for 2 hours ...I think I put in about 12 hours yesterday, best day of the year so far :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

SeantheMan wrote: »
    So finally got around to Tropico 4 on the 1st of January - new year etc, so I said I'd get through my backlog.
    BUT, I can't see that happening because I think this game will be taking up all my time !! It's amazing :D - absolutely love it.
    I wasn't too bowled over by the demo, but I started the game and stuck with it for 2 hours ...I think I put in about 12 hours yesterday, best day of the year so far :D

sadly games like that tend to get boring after a few weeks
    either that or the music will drive you ****ing mental :pac:

Advertisement