Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Well closed the gap on the overall top team by 14 points - now only 3,431 points behind - was 3,445 behind last week!

Had McIlroy but captained Dustin Johnson so 270 points lost there. And Willett's demise yesterday afternoon was painful.

On the plus side seems I have 8 already playing this week so can cull one or two of the dead-weight in my team with the spare transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Bit of a disaster of a week, Willett was my captain and he just pissed away 500-600 points on that back 9, sickened! Where as the majority I think would have captained Rory even though he missed 3 cuts in a row at the Irish.

Dare I say it! I also got rid of Sergio this week! Ouchie!

Dropped to 227 overall!

jimmers wrote: »
    Well closed the gap on the overall top team by 14 points - now only 3,431 points behind - was 3,445 behind last week!

Had McIlroy but captained Dustin Johnson so 270 points lost there. And Willett's demise yesterday afternoon was painful.

On the plus side seems I have 8 already playing this week so can cull one or two of the dead-weight in my team with the spare transfers.

Not necessarily a good thing as I alluded to in my previous post, having choices means you might cut a player that goes on to win, it hurts!

I have Luiten looking at the chopping block this week but I wonder what will happen if I get rid!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 I Like Sheep

Had our teams up to 14th on league of Leagues was up to 48th overall on the team then got demoted.

More point trouble then? Just Willet or all third round?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dalaigh13

Day is this weeks password.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 rosshoulihan

Any password ?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Had a good week last week with Garcia and McIlroy as captain as well as Kuchar. Up to 53rd now.

Have the latest blog up, hope it helps.

https://itfantasygolf.wordpress.com/2016/05/24/weeks-8-bmwcolonial/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Dalaigh13 wrote: »
    Day is this weeks password.

Thank you.
    Any password ?

REALLY!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sebungan

Still top, well done

Cheers, was nice having a good few in the top 11, even if I chose the wrong captain!

I'm hoping L
    owry will have a good week. It will be interesting to see what Spieth turns up.

Still top, well done

Cheers, was nice having a good few in the top 11, even if I chose the wrong captain!

I'm hoping Lowry will have a good week. It will be interesting to see what Spieth turns up.

• Advertisement

Not necessarily a good thing as I alluded to in my previous post, having choices means you might cut a player that goes on to win, it hurts!

I have Luiten looking at the chopping block this week but I wonder what will happen if I get rid!

Joost has been given a stay of execution, Li Haotong is the man who've I've discarded this week, let's see how this works out!

Sebungan wrote: »

I'm hoping Lowry will have a good week. It will be interesting to see what Spieth turns up.

Did you pick Lowry if so you are are the only one in the Top 20? Everyone bar NE or two has Speith as Captain.

The flaw in the game has been exposed. If you allow everyone to know the team the others pick they all copy each other.

Has anyone checked out the the new fantasy sports game associated with the European Tour? There was a code this week for a €1,000 game. I did it last night think there was only over 100 players in it. You have about €100M to spend and pick 7 or 8 players. Guarantee you golfers will do it.

Underachiever, Li gone here too bound to have a good week:)

Did you pick Lowry if so you are are the only one in the Top 20? Everyone bar NE or two has Speith as Captain.

The flaw in the game has been exposed. If you allow everyone to know the team the others pick they all copy each other.

Has anyone checked out the the new fantasy sports game associated with the European Tour? There was a code this week for a €1,000 game. I did it last night think there was only over 100 players in it. You have about €100M to spend and pick 7 or 8 players. Guarantee you golfers will do it.

It's Ok I stuck €5e.w on him at 125/1 so that'll cushion the blow if he does well....

It's Ok I stuck €5e.w on him at 125/1 so that'll cushion the blow if he does well....

Had Robert Rock in my team, backing him too up till this week, captain once. Nothing this week. Ugh....

Tried contacting THEM

Query Message:

Is there any way you can change it so we can't see the other team's team before the Thursday?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, this is not possible.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    Support Team

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

you have a fair aul attitude don't ya!

can you not just play the game

No, I picked Spieth too, due to the lack of a safe captain other than possibly himself (still not convinced by him since his meltdown), and because everyone else did and I cannot take the risk of him doing well and me not having him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Had Robert Rock in my team, backing him too up till this week, captain once. Nothing this week. Ugh....

Tried contacting THEM

Query Message:

Is there any way you can change it so we can't see the other team's team before the Thursday?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, this is not possible.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    (f**k you very much)
    Support Team

In most of these fantasy sports thingies you cant view the other peoples teams before the deadline. Why would you want everyone to see who you have picked beforehand anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

Joost has been given a stay of execution, Li Haotong is the man who've I've discarded this week, let's see how this works out!

Joost is having a good day! Early days though

Joost is having a good day! Early days though

Yes, definitely early days, I'll take the start but you can't bank the points now unfortunately!

Following from previous discussion......

It is a bit silly that people can see what transfers others have done, like Sebungan said he was able to see that Spieth was heavily picked and captained and therefore he had to cover him, wouldn't it be far more interesting if we didn't know that and you just made your own picks and see where the cards fall when the tournaments start.

Personally I'm ranked 200 odd, so I saw that Spieth was very popular so to try and make points on the leaders I have left Spieth out, obv it can backfire, it's a risk but I had the knowledge that I probably shouldn't have.

Yes, definitely early days, I'll take the start but you can't bank the points now unfortunately!

Following from previous discussion......

It is a bit silly that people can see what transfers others have done, like Sebungan said he was able to see that Spieth was heavily picked and captained and therefore he had to cover him, wouldn't it be far more interesting if we didn't know that and you just made your own picks and see where the cards fall when the tournaments start.

Personally I'm ranked 200 odd, so I saw that Spieth was very popular so to try and make points on the leaders I have left Spieth out, obv it can backfire, it's a risk but I had the knowledge that I probably shouldn't have.

I know what you mean. There are different tactics at play. I did the same as yourself last week and captained Dustin Johnson instead of McIlroy, hoping to gain points, but it backfired. Personally I don't mind that we can see others, we all have the same playing field I guess.

• Advertisement

Sebungan wrote: »
    I know what you mean. There are different tactics at play. I did the same as yourself last week and captained Dustin Johnson instead of McIlroy, hoping to gain points, but it backfired. Personally I don't mind that we can see others, we all have the same playing field I guess.

I picked Scott as my Captain. Inspired:)

I think it will matter For a while. Two majors in the last four weeks. Then it will be hard not to be covered by someone ahead of you and I'm not sure how you'll win. Being in the top twenty might be great but is also be a curse.

Agree with earlier comment not sure I know of many games with the same or similar rules. Re Knowing teams before Thursday, but as you say the rules are the rules same for everyone.

Underachiever Spieth doesn't need a tough course or wind at the moment however he is so good he may still score points. I have Bryce Molder need him after Scott's negativity. Chipping and chopping on one hole. Four chips from the side of one fairway. Joker....

I picked Scott as my Captain. Inspired:)

I think it will matter For a while. Two majors in the last four weeks. Then it will be hard not to be covered by someone ahead of you and I'm not sure how you'll win. Being in the top twenty might be great but is also be a curse.

Agree with earlier comment not sure I know of many games with the same or similar rules. Re Knowing teams before Thursday, but as you say the rules are the rules same for everyone.

Underachiever Spieth doesn't need a tough course or wind at the moment however he is so good he may still score points. I have Bryce Molder need him after Scott's negativity. Chipping and chopping on one hole. Four chips from the side of one fairway. Joker....

So far you have been unlucky,but Scott is one of those players who can have two or three great days and end up winning it anyway. There is a long way to go.

I did the official fantasy football this year as do every year and as you said, you cannot see what the other team does, which I found to be handy. So, as much as we have the same playing field as is, I would welcome a change in the rules in that respect.

Oh well looks like Spieth punished me with the full compliment of 800 points! Nice of him!

I had Kaymer (c) as somewhat of a differential but yeah all in all I lost out by not flocking with everyone else and going Spieth!

Oh well looks like Spieth punished me with the full compliment of 800 points! Nice of him!

I had Kaymer (c) as somewhat of a differential but yeah all in all I lost out by not flocking with everyone else and going Spieth!

Pretty similar - went with Kuchar as (C) so lost ground. All 10 of my players made the cut but only 4 were in the points - Spieth, Willett, Colsaerts and Kuchar.

Looks like Spieth is back in the groove so will now be the automatic captain for most when he's playing.

jimmers wrote: »
    Pretty similar - went with Kuchar as (C) so lost ground. All 10 of my players made the cut but only 4 were in the points - Spieth, Willett, Colsaerts and Kuchar.

Looks like Spieth is back in the groove so will now be the automatic captain for most when he's playing.

Kuchar hurt me too! I had him in for the Masters at the very start, I had him in for his solid reliable finishes,he done feck all. But didn't manage to get him in for his recent 3 tournament burst, he looked like he might miss the cut this week too, so he pulled out a very nice finish for you considering.

I had 7 Europeans that made the cut, after day 2 it was going swimmingly, but getting good starts seems to be a jinx on me.. I had Willett, Kaymer, Luiten, RCB, Donald, Molinari & Fitzpatrick all good players and they ended up getting very little return.

Only had Lee (Picked over Kuch as differential) Hoffman and Chappell in the US which was more or less a wash out for me with Spieth heaping the misery on of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 POB1968

Hi, anyone got todays password please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

This week's password is kaymer.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Week 9 of the blog up...had spieth and kuchar last week but not much else and dropped to 83rd. This week is a bit funny as you could load up with the top players but have only half a team next week as its the week before the US Open.

https://itfantasygolf.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/week-9-memorialnordea/

Johnny86 wrote: »
    Week 9 of the blog up...had spieth and kuchar last week but not much else and dropped to 83rd. This week is a bit funny as you could load up with the top players but have only half a team next week as its the week before the US Open.

https://itfantasygolf.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/week-9-memorialnordea/

The big struggle next week will be getting any team out, never mind a decent team. The European field next week at the Lyoness Open in Austria looks weak and there are not many players there who will feature the following week at the US Open. YE Yang funnily enough is in the field in Austria (and this week) and will probably be at the Open but for some reason is not available in the game.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2016/tournamentid=2016044/teetimes/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Macduff Gardener

I asked 6 weeks ago to include YE Yang They said they would think about adding him if he became popular. How can he become popular if you can't pick him. Mind you this is the IRISH Fantasy Golf game.

Advertisement