Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options on returning to OZ after WHV

Options
  • 30-03-2015 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello

Basically me and my partner want to return to Australia
    I can go no problem as I have 1 year remaining on my working holiday visa
    My girlfriend has completed 2 full years

Would our best option be for me to return alone with the hope of gaining sponsorship? And then bringing her over

Or should I apply for a skilled visa from Ireland ? How long would this process take roughly
    I'm a mechanic and we are both under 30

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Hello

Basically me and my partner want to return to Australia
    My girlfriend has completed 2 full years

Would our best option be for me to return alone with the hope of gaining sponsorship? And then bringing her over

Or should I apply for a skilled visa from Ireland ? How long would this process take roughly
    I'm a mechanic and we are both under 30

Read the FAQ mate it's all there.

A 457 is your quickest route on first impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Summerhill10

I'm well aware of the FAQ I'm looking for real people's expierences and time scales but thanks for killing my thread

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Windorah

Hi,

I just had a quick look at the SOL list and mechanic is on it.
    If you were to apply for residency you would need a skills assessment. That would generally take about 3 months.
    Then you submit an expression of interest to Australian immigration and they will invite you to apply for the 189 skilled visa.
    Iv heard of the visa being granted within 12 weeks but I think it's more like 6-9 months.
    Your partner would then go defacto on your visa.

Have a look at the immigration website. It's very clear and easy to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,088 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's a lot more to it that that.
    You might not have the option of another WHV.

Advertisement