Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inspiron Mini 9 Released

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Best thing to do would be to start your own thread. And read this to get the most help out of this forum How to get help on this forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

I looked into the SSD in the Mini9 and there are 2 different types of SSD depending on spec chosen.
    The 4-8GB SSD is by Intel and has very slow read/write speeds comparible to Acer Aspire SSD and 16GB SSD (only SSD sold by Dell.ie) is by STEC with good read/write speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

Dellare offering the ubuntu version of teh Mini on the Irish site now...€349

Unfortunately it only has an 8GB drive instead of the 16GB on the XP version

So although its 50 quid cheaper - i don't know if its worth dropping €50 and halving your disk storage?

Anyone know if its possible to buy one of those 32GB SSD PCI cards online and stick it into the mini?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

That is bizarre geecee. Why are they offering smaller storage! You would have thought that XP licence would be the 50 euro and you would get the same hardware spec with the free OS. I would not really bothered about the extra storage myself but I would be worried about the read / write speeds of the SSD as posted earlier.

I have read somewhere that it is very easy to access the internals of the Mini 9 so you should be able to replace the SSD provided it's not soldered in.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭davemie

geecee wrote: »
    Unfortunately it only has an 8GB drive instead of the 16GB on the XP version

The cheaper laptop also only has a 0.3 MP web cam compared to the 1.3 MP webcam in the Windows xp version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Bizarrely, I see that the price of the Mini 9 has increased by €30 to €379 for the Ubuntu version and to €419 for the XP one...

I thought PC prices were meant to come down after a while not go up or is this a sign as to how popular this netbook is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I see it is only E299 in Carrefour Spain (spanish version of Tesco)

They also have it on display beside the Acer netbook, i have the Acer and it looks better as its widescreen and the Dell is not.

Acer has bigger hard disk too. I got my Acer for E299 undr the Dun nes Stores 25% back offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

What's the 25% back offer?

Advertisement