Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my cigarettes keep extinguishing themselves!

Options
  • 18-11-2011 6:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

apart from the fact fags are bad for ye.. ive noticed lately, that if i leave a fag in an ashtray for half a minute, it goes out!! have they removed the saltpeter from them ??? i tried googling but was met with "sfdneo8iutwbnq sea54hyuj7....".. etc

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

flanum wrote: »
    apart from the fact fags are bad for ye.. ive noticed lately, that if i leave a fag in an ashtray for half a minute, it goes out!! have they removed the saltpeter from them ??? i tried googling but was met with "sfdneo8iutwbnq sea54hyuj7....".. etc

emm, why leave it alone for a minute, dont ya know their worth 50 cent each these days bucko

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Apparently they have put some new safety feature in them, to stop them from burning if you say fall asleep so there won't be a house fire. I only heard this so have no source.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Apparently they have put some new safety feature in them, to stop them from burning if you say fall asleep so there won't be a house fire. I only heard this so have no source.

That or crappy black market cigs.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭lmkman

There is new paper on all cigs. its supposed to be a safety measure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

It's a sign that you should stop smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

I was waiting for the first anti-smoker nark comment. The prize goes to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Arpa wrote: »

Or is it a sign that you shouldn't stop smoking? Even for a minute.

Maybe the cigarettes don't want to be smoked, did you ever think about that? What do i win?

Btw- im not anti- smoker, used to smoke 20 a day, still have the odd one when im drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Just relight it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Maybe the cigarettes don't want to be smoked, did you ever think about that? What do i win?

Btw- im not anti- smoker, used to smoke 20 a day, still have the odd one when im drinking

What are you talking about? The cigarettes don't want to be smoked? You win the go back to bed award luv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Ugh. An ex-smoker. The worst kind of zealot.

What are you talking about? The cigarettes don't want to be smoked? You win the go back to bed award luv.

Oh dear, someone lost their sense of humor.

pragmatic1 wrote: »

None so pure :rolleyes: I wouldn't even call myself an ex smoker since I still have the odd one, just not 20 a day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

^ This.

I heard this in the last week actually, think there was some talk about it on the radio. It's a good idea imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

My dads a heavy smoker and i heard him on about this the other day, end of the world as far as he is concerned!

I suppose relighting it all the time would be a pain in the arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

pragmatic1 wrote: »

Smoking.. what a waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

If you use nail-varnish remover and paint a small line down the side of the cigarette, thay will sort it out for ya.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Smokers are jokers.
    You should flush your sin sticks down the toilet.
    :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭lynchie

Regulation was agreed last November with a year to implement it.

http://www.cen.eu/cen/News/PressReleases/Pages/RIPcigarettes.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Posy wrote: »
    Smokers are jokers.
    You should flush your sin sticks down the toilet.
    :pac:

The fucking things would never light if you did that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Smoking.. what a waste of money

It is ??? Really ???

Wow, we never knew. Quick, tell all the smokers you can find !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement