Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanical Engineering Courses

Options
  • 09-12-2014 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi, just wondering what the board's opinion is of Higher Bachelor Mechanical Engineering courses? Which one is the best and why

The reason I ask is I am in my final year of a B.Eng (Ordinary) in Mech Eng in CIT and am looking for somewhere to do my Higher Bachelor.
    I found CAD and PLC Programming (Mechatronics) most enjoyable so far, as well as Workshop, but I'm also pretty handy at the numerical side too.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That's a fairly massive question you're asking really as there are loads of Mech Eng courses in the country.

I get confused sometimes with all the newish terminology but is it correct to say you've done a 3 year Level 7 course at the moment and are looking to get the level 8 degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Iainkw4x

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I get confused sometimes with all the newish terminology but is it correct to say you've done a 3 year Level 7 course at the moment and are looking to get the level 8 degree?

Yes I'm just about to finish my Level 7

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

No harm in making an appointment with your careers office so, it is what they're there for after all, and asking about options.

I know I did a 2 year Cert course, which is a level 6 I think, but I couldn't transfer into year 3 at Uni level. I had to start at year 2 of the degree course in the Uni. So no harm in checking that out if you're looking at Uni's as opposed to IT's.

Advertisement