Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE News Channel

• 21-12-2012 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

What a waste of space this thing is. I was subjected to it earlier today while waiting in a dentist and I swear it was on a five minute loop, must have heard the same stories about Newgrange, the not so end of the world and the arrest of Sean Fitzpatrick a dozen times before I finally escaped. Having my tooth pulled was preferable.

Is it like that all day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

The Six One news alone feels like it's on for 24 hours, so I can only imagine how excruciating the RTE News Channel is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

What a waste of space this thing is. I was subjected to it earlier today while waiting in a dentist and I swear it was on a five minute loop, must have heard the same stories about Newgrange, the not so end of the world and the arrest of Sean Fitzpatrick a dozen times before I finally escaped. Having my tooth pulled was preferable.

Is it like that all day?

You are not meant to sit and watch it all day.

It mostly plays the most recent News Bulletin in rotation, with the occasional live event. Very handy for people who don't have the internet.

It will probably be beefed up into a more comprehensive service in due course.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Suits my gran down to the ground. She doesn't appear to notice its on repeat though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

That's the lunch time news, the best bit is Morning Ireland.
    I know it's a radio program but it's worth seeing the guys in the studio, especially Michael Murphy reading the news. He actually acts it out with his arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Skid wrote: »
    You are not meant to sit and watch it all day.

It mostly plays the most recent News Bulletin in rotation, with the occasional live event. Very handy for people who don't have the internet.

It will probably be beefed up into a more comprehensive service in due course.

I suppose it does make sense for a quick overview type broadcast, it was just painful today being subjected to it for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I suppose it does make sense for a quick overview type broadcast, it was just painful today being subjected to it for so long.

yeah, I suppose it is not a great choice for a surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Handy service. They do sometimes show things other than the news. Greyhound racing and the Dail for example

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Prime Time do be on it also IIRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They need to make more of it, no point having a channel and which is largely a loop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Rolling news is crap in any country, let alone one with around 5 million people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement