Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE New years

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭

I know there's a thread on this already and I'm a bit late to the party but I was so annoyed that RTE decided to show the All Ireland Talentless show this year. I was out last year and I understand it was shown also. I don't follow X Factor, therefore I don't follow the All Ireland Talentless Show either.

I don't know who won this show last year but I'm pretty sure I haven't' heard of them gigging or doing anything interesting afterwards.

I actually wish they'd prerecorded a variety show that families could watch. You wouldn't have to like everything, that's part fo the fun. Stuff like the Coronas, a bit of classical, bit of trad, bit of comedy. You get the picture. It'd surely have cost only a bit more than what they did have.

Also I noticed that this year, for the first time, they didn't show the New Years concert from Vienna on New Year's Morning. I had to watch it on BBC that evening.

If they want to cop out, I'd prefer if they just bit the bullet and bought in Jools Holland's show from the Beeb and showed that instead. It's always a cracking show.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well I was working that night, but I normally like to delay the celebration til I get home and watch the (recorded) telly with the countdown... combining the Talent Show and the countdown, was just lazy from RTE's point of view.. RTE seems to think that's is completely unfair to ask their sacred cows (Kenny, Tubridy, Finucane etc) to work over the two weeks of Christmas, even though they are all supposedly in the entertainment industry and as such should be expected to work flexible and unsociable hours. So what do they give us? A person of not talent Amanda Brunker judging a talent show...

RTE, if that's what you plan for next year, DONT BOTHER..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

squonk wrote: »
    ...Also I noticed that this year, for the first time, they didn't show the New Years concert from Vienna on New Year's Morning. I had to watch it on BBC that evening...

It's actually for the second time. They didn't show the 2010 Vienna concert either, nor did they even have it on Lyric FM or Radio 1.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055770994

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Godfather was on RTE2 at same time, much better viewing

Advertisement