Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Heating

Options
  • 11-12-2014 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I attach a picture of my Firebird Boiler. I believe the white square piece in the picture is the thermostat and the little red button is the reset button.

What I want to know is "why is it that in order to start my heating in the morning's do I have to push this red button down ?

I have to do this pretty much all of the time.

I had my wilo pump replaced on Tuesday to a brand new one.

See pic attached if it helps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

No over run on your pump so when boiler shuts down all the hot water congregates at boiler therefore setting off your overheat switch.
    Try turning thermostat down

Get a pipe stat installed on pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

What is happening now is the heating is not coming on at all even if the red button is pressed. If I turn the thermostat down to min and then back up to max and then back down 15 degrees below max it kicks in and works fine.

never happened before. Strange. you think it's still overflow. never had these problems before. All that's changed is new pump.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Might get a better answer here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

godtabh wrote: »
    Might get a better answer here

YES YOU WILL.

Try replacing the faulty thermostat !
    Espicaly as pump has been changed.

They do give trouble, I replace 4-5 a month.

Advertisement