Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League and cup chat

Options
  • 21-06-2015 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

How's everyone's season going?
    Just barely in top4 as it stands, lost yesterday but pick up two bonus points and could of won

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭morgan62

Not so bad i git if to a shicking start both club and under 20s but just rescued u20s and am rescuing my club for the playoffs 8 points behind top of my league and 1 clear of 3rd going to be a tight season i think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Does it say something about the game that we're few weeks into season and thread only created now. No boards league etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Does it say something about the game that we're few weeks into season and thread only created now. No boards league etc..

Ya hopefully the revamp will come soon and wake the place up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

No boards league etc..

apologies...i organised it the last few seasons, but RL has me by the scrotum at the moment and I dont have time to organise it this season (I did highlight it towards the end of last season to see if anybody was willing to organise it, but there were no takers :( )

also...anybody seen fewi in the last while? is he still alive - or did he close his boards ac or something???

Also congrats to Seanand on becoming the new Boards BR mod!!

all bow graciously in his shadow :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    Also congrats to Seanand on becoming the new Boards BR mod!!

all bow graciously in his shadow :eek::eek::eek:

Ha Ya thanks. As you prob guessed I got the job as fewi has gone awol.

Ya I saw that daheff, and I wasn't going to take it up too busy as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

New to the game still, started out with the lowest CSR by about 10,000 in my group in Div3, but I've beaten both teams ahead of me away, and beat one of them at home. With the relevant bonus points I should manage to stay up this season. Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

apologies...i organised it the last few seasons, but RL has me by the scrotum at the moment and I dont have time to organise it this season (I did highlight it towards the end of last season to see if anybody was willing to organise it, but there were no takers :( )

also...anybody seen fewi in the last while? is he still alive - or did he close his boards ac or something???

used to be involved myself organising but as you say RL takes over. but it definitely a sign, I barely log in these days and just have team ticking over.

the revamp might attract more attention, I think the game is sitting between two groups. it is a bit too technical and time consuming for the causal player and not technical enough for the "nerds" among us!

used to have a spreadsheet to assess opposition etc and pick tactics. but they changed the tactics to quarters etc and that was that!

since then I have really not been active at all.

#allgrownup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

eoferrall wrote: »
    used to be involved myself organising but as you say RL takes over. but it definitely a sign, I barely log in these days and just have team ticking over.

the revamp might attract more attention, I think the game is sitting between two groups. it is a bit too technical and time consuming for the causal player and not technical enough for the "nerds" among us!

used to have a spreadsheet to assess opposition etc and pick tactics. but they changed the tactics to quarters etc and that was that!

since then I have really not been active at all.

#allgrownup

Just tipped here....fairly quiet. #tumbleweed

Pretty much identical story myself....I've even let my premium status lapse. Log on briefly on a Friday to set tactics and thats that. I even had a spreadsheet for tracking youth development (training received, games played etc) but that's long since stagnant. I still train for the U20s, but they seem to be strugglin a bit these days too.

Wonder will the Rugby World Cup bring in increased traffic? I seem to remember a bit of a surge of interest in 2011!

I remember last World Cup there was 9200 after it how times have changed. Hopefully it will pick up

• Advertisement

seanand wrote: »
    I remember last World Cup there was 9200 after it how times have changed. Hopefully it will pick up

heres hoping!! I've a few oldies that need selling to newbies at premium prices :rolleyes::)

heres hoping!! I've a few oldies that need selling to newbies at premium prices :rolleyes::)
    They don't have enough money for what I want to sell :rolleyes::P

heres how out of touch with the game i am. My affiliate managed to get to playoffs, didnt realise it...didnt even realise the play off semi final was last night :(

might be time to give up this game :eek:

heres how out of touch with the game i am. My affiliate managed to get to playoffs, didnt realise it...didnt even realise the play off semi final was last night :(

might be time to give up this game :eek:
    At least stick around to see the revamp, might invigorate you again. Or just save money and have a mad dash to win everything in 5 years time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

seanand wrote: »
    At least stick around to see the revamp, might invigorate you again. Or just save money and have a mad dash to win everything in 5 years time

This is kind of what I am doing, won DIV III easily enough and into the final now. limited my spending but the question is, hang around DIV III picking up prize money and see what the revamp is like.

probably go to DIV II again and get whipped back down as don't pay enough attention:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

Into the Div 2 final, having 1-clicked the season. Not sure how long this can last.

Anyways, another 2nd in Div 2 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Got my first ever division 3 trophy today. Bronze... First time in while not having a playoff week 16.... And won it with try in 78th minute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

going up to div 2 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭morgan62

Got my first ever division 3 trophy today. Bronze... First time in while not having a playoff week 16.... And won it with try in 78th minute :D

well done same as myself although i was disappointed not to be competing in the final oh well though was beaten byt the winner

won 3rd place playoff in Div 2 for my affiliate (in Germany). :):):)

My team was 30-40K CSR worse than the team who came 3rd & 5th in the league table:rolleyes:

this if nothing else made my season

• Advertisement
Advertisement