Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to get a Oneplus One screen fitted ?

Options
  • 06-07-2015 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I have a broken Oneplus one and have bought and recieved a replacement screen for it. However having watched the video of how to replace the screen it looks a step too far for me. Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin where I could get this fitted ? I rang 3 phone shops in town (Mr iPhone etc) and they dont repair Oneplus Ones apparently.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have you ever replaced a screen before yourself?

It really is not that hard especially on the One Plus. a HTC M7 now that's an absolute nightmare. But there is nothing that is not accessible on the One Plus to the average person.

Did you buy the screen with the Frame surround on it? or just the screen itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Bought the screen with the frame surround.
    Cost me 100 and in hindsight I should have just sent it back to oneplus one

Bought the screen with the frame surround.
    Cost me 100 and in hindsight I should have just sent it back to oneplus one

Well if your name is apt then probably not it would be another 40 Euro or nearly half what you paid for the screen for them to do it.

Its really really easy to change the screen, There is a few screws a small bit of prying but honestly 30 minutes and its done, Just take your time and follow the YouTube Videos.

I have replaced mine twice (slippy fingers)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

mmmmm right you have me convinced. Gonna give it a go so and see how I get on. Fingers crossed

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

listermint wrote: »
    Well if your name is apt then probably not it would be another 40 Euro or nearly half what you paid for the screen for them to do it.

Its really really easy to change the screen, There is a few screws a small bit of prying but honestly 30 minutes and its done, Just take your time and follow the YouTube Videos.

I have replaced mine twice (slippy fingers)

Do the replacement oneplus screens come with the adhesive on them required to stick them to the unit?

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Do the replacement oneplus screens come with the adhesive on them required to stick them to the unit?

There is no adhesion required if you buy the unit with Frame in tact as i and the OP had done.

Its all just screws and clips.

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

listermint wrote: »
    There is no adhesion required if you buy the unit with Frame in tact as i and the OP had done.

Its all just screws and clips.

Did realise you could buy it with the frame.

If that's the case then yes, it's easy to change. A precision screwdriver set and a sharp knife is all you need.

Might get one myself, my screen is currently held on with double sided tape! :D

Advertisement