Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blocked numbers on WhatsApp/Viber

• 29-06-2015 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is not the right forum, wasn't sure where to post, also apologies if this is a stupid question!

Was just wondering when you block a number from calling/texting you can they still contact you on apps like Viber and Whatsapp?

Do you have to block them separately on these apps, or once they know your number can they continue to contact you via these apps?

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Don't use viber. But you can definitely block them contacting you on whatsapp. Just select the contact and go into settings and the option should be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

In what way have you blocked someone from calling / texting you?

Asked you service provider, or done something with the phone's menu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

marcbrophy wrote: »
    In what way have you blocked someone from calling / texting you?

Asked you service provider, or done something with the phone's menu?

I havent actually done it yet, I think I have to contact my provider. I think the call/text thing should be fairly straight forward, it was just the apps I was confused about. :)

Thanks for your help, guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Can a service provider block someone from ringing you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes. But its normally reserved for severe harassment AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Yes Meteor for example do it,you just ask them on their forum and they will do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

If you're looking for your provider to do it you will need a communication and directive from the Gardai and they only give these out as a result of you issuing a harassment case. Viber and Whatsapp allow you to block people however that doesn't stop people calling or texting direct to your phone as they are completely separate services. Likewise if you block someone in the settings of your phone this will not block them from contacting you on viber or whatsapp.

Advertisement