Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

religion assignment, help if you could please

Options
  • 19-03-2008 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi have religion assignment due in friday and have most of it done on the sacrament of confirmation but am a bit lost on these points, if anyone could help that would be great. thanks in advance.
    ON Sacraments in general:
    - Key characteristics of a sacrament:
    · Signs perceptible to the senses.
    · Signs causing what they signify.
    · Signs instituted by Christ.
    Signs embodying sanctification and worship.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Most other forums are clear on this, you might want to ask the mods before you ask posters to give assistance with homework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lisaree

Have i done something wrong here then?sorry new to this!how do you ask the mods something?can you leave it up or are you taking it down? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

As a mod, I'm quite OK with someone coming here to get homework help on matters of Christianity and faith.

I just cant help you unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Okay, since we've been given the goahead.

A sacrament in the Church of Ireland is defined as follows, "an outward physical sign of an inward spiritual motion". Therefore all things which are associated with the power of God (through His Holy Spirit) in our lives.

Let me do a quick run down of baptism. What we see is the water, which signifies new birth of new life. As this is spiritually seen, it is also represented to us through our sense of vision through the water.

We see Christ being baptized by John the Baptist in the River Jordan, (Luke 3:21-22), then we hear Christ speaking to Nicodemus claiming that we must be born of water and the Spirit (John 3:5). This helps us see the symbolism being used by being baptized in water, and the new birth in God's Holy Spirit, leading us on as followers of His Holy Scripture.

Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lisaree

thanks am very confused!its actually the 'english' that is confusing me, im not sure what they are actually looking for eventhough have plenty of good books to read through e.g. Alive 0-8 for confirmation etc if i just knew exactly what i am meant to be looking for!thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

lisaree wrote: »
    Hi have religion assignment due in friday and have most of it done on the sacrament of confirmation but am a bit lost on these points, if anyone could help that would be great. thanks in advance.
    ON Sacraments in general:
    - Key characteristics of a sacrament:
    · Signs perceptible to the senses.
    · Signs causing what they signify.
    · Signs instituted by Christ.
    Signs embodying sanctification and worship.

You might find THIS helpful in completing your Catholic sacrament assignment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

And this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

DaveMcG wrote: »
    And this! :D
    Smack:D

Advertisement