Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 4 and 5 missing?

Options
  • 06-11-2005 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi\

Just a quick one, Has anyone noticed that channel 4 and 5 (104 + 105) are now saying you need to subscribe to enjoy the viewing?

Was working a while back with my ebayskycard...
    cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Leave card in box over night and all will be fine in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

My father has two ftv cards. The two have been in boxes in Galway for the last year. Ch4 and five disappered from the EPG on both boxes about a month a go and now are only viewable via other channels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

maybe Version one 'yellow house' cards, the current ones are version 2

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

Hi

Just to let you know, Channel 4 + 5 now working after leaving it in the sky box over night..thks Leonard

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sponge Bob wrote:
    maybe Version one 'yellow house' cards, the current ones are version 2

Version 1 cards are a different shade of blue I thought?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

olearydc wrote:
    Hi

Just to let you know, Channel 4 + 5 now working after leaving it in the sky box over night..thks Leonard

Your very welcome. I am glad you got sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

This may seem a stupid question but I thought Channel 4 was not available on Sky digital over here? No one I know with sky has it and its certainly not on the channels list. Lack on C4 is a major reason I'm holding back on getting digital.

Can someone with sky explain the situation re C4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Elessar wrote:
    This may seem a stupid question but I thought Channel 4 was not available on Sky digital over here? No one I know with sky has it and its certainly not on the channels list. Lack on C4 is a major reason I'm holding back on getting digital.

Can someone with sky explain the situation re C4?

Read this http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/Sat/SkyFTV.htm and feel free to ask any more questions!!!

Greenman wrote:
    Read this http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/Sat/SkyFTV.htm and feel free to ask any more questions!!!

Ah, so it is available on sky...but how do you tune in to it? Channel 104 is it? I'll have to check this when I get a chance to...how come it doesn't show up on the channels list?

Elessar wrote:
    Ah, so it is available on sky...but how do you tune in to it? Channel 104 is it? I'll have to check this when I get a chance to...how come it doesn't show up on the channels list?

Read this http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/Sat/Sky.htm but remember if you want a FTV card from $ky you need to get it via someone in the UK!!! You can also buy a FTV card from Ebay and such like sites. You need to buy an activated card.
    When you want to watch Ch 4 you need to take your Irish $ky card out and insert your FTV card.
    Dose this make sense ????

• Advertisement

Ah I see, well thats pretty crap. Are sky planning on getting C4 onto their channels list soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

There is little chance of Channel 4 appearing on the Sky EPG in Ireland in the short-medium term.

Elessar wrote:
    Ah I see, well thats pretty crap. Are sky planning on getting C4 onto their channels list soon?
    On an Irish $ky sub like The Family Pack you do have channels like E 4 and More 4 these do carry Channel 4 programmes, maybe someone could comment.
    The real question is what do want to watch???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Elessar wrote:
    works well for most

Advertisement