Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NBA Basketball on satellite

• 05-11-2005 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

With tne new nba season just started i was wondering if there are any free to air channels that show live matches or highights (preferably astra1,2 or hotbird)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

afaik all NBA coverage is encrypted unless there is a feed that shows it FTA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I'm afraid it's not FTA, however some coverage is Channel 5 from the UK and that is FTV which means you can view it if you get a special viewing card. Look here I'm sure there is probably some french or other European channel that should have it FTA*

*Probably

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, five does cover a small bit of NBA, at 00.50 on Sunday Nights.
    http://www.five.tv/programmes/northamericansports/

Otherwise, from what I can figure, you'd need a subscription to Sky Sports Italia, Canal+ Sweden, or ART I think.
    http://www.satfootball.com/other.html

of course there is the shambolic coverage from Sky if you want delayed coverage

byte

I remember TG4 had NBA coverage over a year ago or so, though I don't think they show NBA anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

byte wrote:
    Yeah, five does cover a small bit of NBA, at 00.50 on Sunday Nights.
    That's their magazine style show. They also show one live match every Tuesday night. The next two will be
    8 Nov: Rockets vs Orlando
    15 Nov: Pistons vs Celtics

byte

Oh, didn't realise they aired live NBA. Didn't notice any mention in thier crap website. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Every UK broadcaster has tried the NBA at some point.
    The BBC in the eighties to replace Match of the Day (when ITV had the Football League)
    Channel 4 in the mid-nineties, and treated it like all other sports, dumped it after huge fanfare and it had built up a niche audience.
    ITV picked it up for a year or two, but ITV and niche audience don't go together.
    Now, after a couple of years, even Sky cant muster up any of their enthusiasm for this sport.
    NASN would be the natural home for the NBA. They cover the NCAA March Madness well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

NBA+ channel on TPS France.

pay tv

byte

Maybe it's the sort of sport Eurosport should look for tbh. They're a niche channel, and could do with more content, if even to fill Eurosport2 channel. :)

Though I suppose they'll need to wait until five's contract expires.

TV3 should perhaps consider Irish rights as, let's face it, NBA would be better than a lot of the drivel they air!

• Advertisement

when they lose the CL i suppose they will need something

wish somebody other than FIVE would show the baseball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Pal wrote:
    wish somebody other than FIVE would show the baseball.
    don't quote me on this but i think one of the sports channels on sky has some baseball i think it's channel 425 (like that's the actual name of the channel) or it's channel 416.

Channel 425 (original name :rolleyes: ) and NASN also show baseball

thanks. I noticed some Brazilian Football on 425.

will watch out for baseball next season.

they were showing live games on Wednesday nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

NASN as stated already, tho it is subscription based. you can see their schedule here

Advertisement