Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

I spent all day trying to get my phone to send and receive MMS messages on vodafone. tried a few variations of the settings including leaving in the password (dublin) and removing it. Vodafone say the handset is not supported. So I need to get another phone for the rare occasions that someone sends me a picture message and I can swap out the sim for a couple of minutes.

Do people actually still use MMS

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Nolars wrote: »

In the country they do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I spent all day trying to get my phone to send and receive MMS messages on vodafone. tried a few variations of the settings including leaving in the password (dublin) and removing it. Vodafone say the handset is not supported. So I need to get another phone for the rare occasions that someone sends me a picture message and I can swap out the sim for a couple of minutes.

Id be more concerned why this guy can't attach a picture to an email. Or use whatsapp or viber or facebook messenger........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Nolars wrote: »

Yeah madness when there are so many free options

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Since the last OTA CM update a lot of my app notifications don't make any sound, just vibrate (I've noticed it especially with WhatsApp and FB Messenger). They appear to be turned on - am i missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Hi all,

Has anyone been having GPS issues on exodus? I noticed over the last few days that google maps is off by about 500m when in browse mode, but perfect when in navigation mode.

I have done everything to try to resolve this up to and including a clean flash, but the issue is the same.

A GPS status app gives me a LAT/LON in exactly the right position, so I don't think it is a hardware issue.

Thanks,

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 17,884 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

No, perfect GPS is what brought me to Exodus in the first place.

Kencollins wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anyone been having GPS issues on exodus? I noticed over the last few days that google maps is off by about 500m when in browse mode, but perfect when in navigation mode.

I have done everything to try to resolve this up to and including a clean flash, but the issue is the same.

A GPS status app gives me a LAT/LON in exactly the right position, so I don't think it is a hardware issue.

Thanks,

Ken

In the GPS status settings reset and download fresh GPS assistance data from the internet, this will fix it, did for me

mass_debater, I just tried that, but no joy for me :( I wonder is it worth flashing back to CM12 to see if it is a software or hardware issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Plastik

Has anyone had a screen replaced in Dublin city centre, where did you get it done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I rang most places I could think of/find on google in DCC, none would do it

Eventually had it done by electronicpartner.ie in Galway, was collected & returned by courier - €110

Kencollins wrote: »
    mass_debater, I just tried that, but no joy for me :( I wonder is it worth flashing back to CM12 to see if it is a software or hardware issue.

Yes, it's the next thing to try. Do a Nandroid first so you can cone back to Exodus

I flashed back to CM12 nightlies, and it works perfectly. It's a strange one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

sentient_6 wrote: »

Sorry, i didn't see that. I even did the same kind of thing :pac:

Sorry, i didn't see that. I even did the same kind of thing :pac:

Great minds and all that. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

guys get a mod to merge those threads .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Thargor wrote: »
    The solution to any issues these days is to install the Exodus rom :D

is it straightforward to install Exodus ?

yabadabado wrote: »
    guys get a mod to merge those threads .

Just post in mine since it has more links :D. Hopefully stopping people asking where to buy the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's it I'm going making my own Oneplus 2 thread with black jack and hookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Plastik

GSM Connection on Talbot St - nearly at corner of Talbot St/Gardiner St. did the replacement screen today for €160 for anyone else that's stuck.

GSM Solutions were a couple of euro more expensive and the part would need to be ordered, could be anything up to two weeks. Electricpartner.ie in Galway have a frighteningly good price of €100 but again, the part could take up to two weeks to come in.

In the end I paid the extra for the convenience. Dropped it in at 11, collected at 5. Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Cardboard has shipped!

Have an odd bug, people can only hear me if I put the call on loudspeaker?

Anyone know whats going on there? I have reset the device twice but it's still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

god's toy wrote: »

Anyone know whats going on there? I have reset the device twice but it's still the same.

Sounds to me like the microphone at the bottom of your device might be busted. There is a second microphone at top of the device which might explain why you can be heard on speaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

nah, this happened to me on an old phone.

Plug in the earphones, then take them back out, there's dust or fluff in the earphone connection and the reason people can't hear you on "normal" is because the phone thinks you have a headset plugged in and has disabled the bottom mic.

Danger781 wrote: »
    Sounds to me like the microphone at the bottom of your device might be busted. There is a second microphone at top of the device which might explain why you can be heard on speaker.

Thanks, but It (the mic) works just fine on VoIP stuff like viber and hangouts and I can record audio with it.... so I'm at a loss as to why its only on a cell -calls it doesn't work unless it's on speaker.

nah, this happened to me on an old phone.

Plug in the earphones, then take them back out, there's dust or fluff in the earphone connection and the reason people can't hear you on "normal" is because the phone thinks you have a headset plugged in and has disabled the bottom mic.

OK but reading my other reply would you still say the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

god's toy wrote: »

Not sure if this helps but I did have an issue for a while where people couldn't hear me and it turns out that the reason was that I was covering the microphone with my finger when holding the phone. Probably not what you're experiencing, but I said I would mention it just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

My Cardboard finally shipped today, I imagine that it won't get here until the middle of next week. I'm very excited!

Advertisement