Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Experia Z1c data transfer corrupted by photos....help needed please

Options
  • 05-07-2015 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Sony Experia Z1c data transfer corrupted MY photos....help needed please...just realised I had a typo in thread title :rolleyes:

I hope that someone here might be able to help me.....

I have a Sony Xperia Z1c and I was getting a warning message that my memory was 75% full & I was given the option to transfer files to my SD card. So I did the transfer directly on the phone using the options given....but the photos I had saved on my phone are now corrupted. I cannot open them on the phone or laptop. I can see the .jpeg files in the folder on the laptop, but get a message that the files are too large or corrupt. I have tried a couple of things I found online to try and fix/recover them, but nothing seems to be working.

Has anyone come across this problem? Does anyone know if it's possible to recover them?

Now I have to confess, I didn't have a backup copy of my phone which I know is stupid!! But it's too late for that now, so I'm clutching at straws I guess...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭droidman123

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Sony Experia Z1c data transfer corrupted MY photos....help needed please...just realised I had a typo in thread title :rolleyes:

I hope that someone here might be able to help me.....

I have a Sony Xperia Z1c and I was getting a warning message that my memory was 75% full & I was given the option to transfer files to my SD card. So I did the transfer directly on the phone using the options given....but the photos I had saved on my phone are now corrupted. I cannot open them on the phone or laptop. I can see the .jpeg files in the folder on the laptop, but get a message that the files are too large or corrupt. I have tried a couple of things I found online to try and fix/recover them, but nothing seems to be working.

Has anyone come across this problem? Does anyone know if it's possible to recover them?

Now I have to confess, I didn't have a backup copy of my phone which I know is stupid!! But it's too late for that now, so I'm clutching at straws I guess...

Do you have sync turned on in Google photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Do you have sync turned on in Google photos?

No....unfortunately I didn't, but I do now!!

However, I did find a sort of a solution. I had got fixated on trying to fix the corrupted files, but I decided to try and see if I could recover them from the phone memory instead of trying to fix the corrupted images on the sd card.

I downloaded an app - Photo Recovery - onto my phone and it has managed to retrieve the photos, though the quality is depleted. At least I have the photos and I hope to be able to do a bit of work on them. It also looks like it's retrieved every photo I ever looked at on facebook or twitter, but hopefully I will be able to weed out the rubbish easier when I connect to the laptop.

Advertisement