Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd Gen Nexus 7 just calved

• 03-07-2015 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

As the title suggests, my 2nd Gen Nexus 7 has died. Have tried running in recovery mode, and factory resetting but its failing that. So everything I am reading online indicates its dead.

So I'm looking for a replacement - reasonably priced, good battery. I mainly use it for watching films, tv shows and netflix while travelling with some game play.

Any suggestions? I see the Hudl 2 mentioned in another similar thread, but I know nothing about it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

budhabob wrote: »
    Hey all,

As the title suggests, my 2nd Gen Nexus 7 has died. Have tried running in recovery mode, and factory resetting but its failing that. So everything I am reading online indicates its dead.

So I'm looking for a replacement - reasonably priced, good battery. I mainly use it for watching films, tv shows and netflix while travelling with some game play.

Any suggestions? I see the Hudl 2 mentioned in another similar thread, but I know nothing about it.

Thanks in advance.

Might be worth getting onto Google, I think they are replacing them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭budhabob

Fieldog wrote: »
    Might be worth getting onto Google, I think they are replacing them....

Really? Oh, might try that. How can you contact them? Only link I can find is the google store, but I didnt buy it through them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

This looks a good balance of value and specs, if you do need a replacement, recommended it to someone else on another thread - http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/lenovo-s8-50-intel-z3745-quad-core-186ghz-processor-2gb-ram-16gb-storage-8-inch-full-hd-tablet-black/1458045485.prd

Might have went for it myself, except I "robbed" a Yoga 2 10.1" via a Bargain Alert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

If it less than 2 years old you should be able to get it repaired, if you bought it in the EU.

Advertisement