Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATX case question

Options
  • 30-01-2015 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

At the moment i've a big tower.. I've getting rid of my home desk/workspace but want to keep the PC... but the tower is too big.

I want to move all the inside of my PC into a much smaller case so I can sit it in the living room and the misses won't see / her it lol

I can then remote desktop into it when I want and still use it.

I don't be including the graphic card as it simply won't fit into the case size i have in mind.

I have an ATX mother baord
    8 gig ram ( 2 sticks of 4)
    core i5 quad processor.
    3.5 HDD

I know i'll need new CPU

Whats the smallest case I can get.. and where ?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

NeVeR wrote: »
    Hi All,

At the moment i've a big tower.. I've getting rid of my home desk/workspace but want to keep the PC... but the tower is too big.

I want to move all the inside of my PC into a much smaller case so I can sit it in the living room and the misses won't see / her it lol

I can then remote desktop into it when I want and still use it.

I don't be including the graphic card as it simply won't fit into the case size i have in mind.

I have an ATX mother baord
    8 gig ram ( 2 sticks of 4)
    core i5 quad processor.
    3.5 HDD

I know i'll need new CPU

Whats the smallest case I can get.. and where ?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

The board change For smaller smaller mobos are cheaper too, smaller PSU.

What are your exact specs.

And how small, bread box case? Or you thinking Dvd player style case.

Or just make a small HTPC and stream steam from your desktop. .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

what do you mean by exact spec ? do you want model numbers ?

it would need to fit an ATX board.. so it's not going to be a tiny case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

Maybe put all your specs in PC partpicker and see what cases are compatible?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Why will you need a new CPU? If you're keeping your motherboard, then it won't be a small case so you prob just need something that looks ok and would fit in the living room.

A case like this would do that http://www.hardwareversand.de/Desktop/181118/Silverstone+SST-GD09B+USB+3.0+Grandia+Desktop+-+schwarz.article

thats way to big. that's the same size as my current one ( i think ) in work now so can check.

something that would be about 20x4x20 would be something i'd like.

• Advertisement

Maybe getting a new mother board and keeping the processor would be a easier idea..

Maybe getting a new mother board and keeping the processor would be a easier idea..

This ia what I was implying. Thus needing to know what parts he has.

Who is He ? .. I was reply to my own thread..

I have a core i5 2500 1150 processor.

Who is He ? .. I was reply to my own thread..

I have a core i5 2500 1150 processor.

Haha quit talking to yourself it's getting confusing. Keep the beautiful mind at bay.

Guy is getting rid of his case just so happens pm him there. He is looking for a new case.

Haha quit talking to yourself it's getting confusing. Keep the beautiful mind at bay.

Guy is getting rid of his case just so happens pm him there. He is looking for a new case.

Who ?

• Advertisement

Who ?

Frank grimes. Tread is replace Case need to reinstall. On phone. Hense rushed replies.

Advertisement